gaurav-sondhi
I worked in an organisation where I had some dispute with the company. They asked me to resign and after discussion they asked me to resign on 19th of June. The company agreed to give me my salary till 31st of August. They had given me acceptance on company letter head and mentioned my resignation had been accepted and they were relieving me immediately. Kindly suggest if they accept my resignation and relieved me immediately then I should get my payout after handover or 45 days from last working day. When I went for handover they told that they will give me salary on monthly basis and full and final will come after 45 days from 31st August.
I asked them to give me accepted resignation mentioning last working day 31 August. However, they refused to give acceptance even via mail. As per law, can I insist on being sent a mail? Now they are saying on final experience/ relieving letter they will mention 31st August as last day. So if I will give it to my new employer then as per first acceptance which they had given my last working and Relieved me on 19th of June. But as per experience/ relieving letter last day is 31st august. Can I asked for accepted resignation mentioning 31st aug as my last working day. HR told me relieving date and last working day can be different. Is it so? Kindly guide.

From India, Mohali
Glidor

45 days salary is notice payout last working day is the date when you appeared on the establishment for work purpose or handover day

gaurav-sondhi
My question is different
1. Can i insist company to give acceptance resignation on mail.
2. Can relieving date different from last working in case of holiday on last day I can understand but my scenario is different.

From India, Mohali
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleague,
The last day is mentioned or required to be mentioned in the relieving letter.
In your case , since they have agreed to 31st Aug as last working day, you insist on them to put in the relieving letter and only then you complete your handover formalities.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant

From India, Mumbai
gaurav-sondhi
They agreed to mention 31 August on relieving letter but on resignation they have mentioned 19 June as accepted resignation and mentioned they are relieving immediately. HR told me relieving day and last working day can be different.
From India, Mohali
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.