No Tags Found!

sachin Mhaske

I also feel designation should not be the part of ID card
If promotion happens witinn a year then keeping a track and issuing new one as and when it requires is very difficult job to do for admin or HR person.
you can only mention the name, employee no & the blood group & the address of the company/factory/corporate office.
thats it.

From India, Pune
mohibpatel
Ms. Priya,
The design of the ID Card is Perfect, bcuz these are the sufficient and the Neccessary things to be displayed... Further if u can also Include the ICE No (In Case of Emergency number) of the employee as it is very much useful every where.
regarding the Designation... It is really not necessary and the reason wich u have decided to tell is genuine and acceptable... thereof jus make ur superoirs understand that there must not be any discrimination within the employees and add saying that the more u keep ur designation confidential the more ur benefited.. most of the companies follow this............
with regards
Mohib Patel

From India, Madras
jan.varsha
Hi,
Here are my reasons :
If there are deisgnation changes for an employee, the ID card where designation is mentioned demands change of ID card. This is again a cost to the company.
There may be cases where a new joinee is promoted to the next level within 5-6 months of joining due to his performance. Again when the ID card changes with new designation, it demorales the other employees who are in the Organisation for long and not being promoted.
For exhibiting their designation, business cards would suffice
Regards,
Varsha

From India, Mumbai
Ambika S
Hi,
ID Card is only for the individual to know, suppose if any accdient happens the public wont view the designation they will only view the emergency contact number and the blood group which will be of use at the time of emergency.
Designation cannot be entered in ID forms.

From India, New Delhi
Shilpi Sood
Hi Priya,
Your decision to not specify the designation on the ID card is right.
The purpose of ID card is to identify the employee as a part of the organisaion.
The rationale which can be given to your senior members can be that in case they need to identify their role or designation at a meeting, they can use their business / visiting cards.
Just as an official email id does not specify the designation of an employee to the outside worl but clarifies that she/ he is associated with the organisation, similarly an ID Card is also for the purpose of ensuring that the enrty into your office premises is safe and restricted.
Hope this will help you.

From India, Delhi
simranhr
Hi Priya,
I agree that using designations can demoralize the employees but you can follow this if it suits you. Just mention the department after the persons name. Example Priya Sharma
Admin
Also you could categorize the employees into 3 levels. Level 1-top level, 2 middle level and 3- executive level.
So the card can mention Priya Sharma
Admin -2
Just my way of thinking
Simran

From India, Delhi
Aashnaa GB

Instead of changing the id cards for all employees, you can arrange visiting / business cards only for those employees who need to clarify their designation at visits / meetings.
You can convince them by saying that designation may change from time to time depending upon promotion / assessment and it is practically not possible to issue new id cards each time. Today, when most of the organisations are finding out ways & means of cost-cutting, use of existing id cards will help in reducing the financial burden on the company.

From India, Mumbai
rituparna_mukherjee
Dear Priya,
I dont see any harm in mentioning the designation as the person knows at what level is he working so I dont think that putting his designation will pull down his morale. But I guess it varries from industry to industry.
Regards,
Rituparna

From India, Mumbai
mahesh_jinjavadia

Hi Priya,
Designation must be on i card, otherwise there is no mean of it.
but some time we have to take some practical decision, in case of your i advice that you have to convince your managament and than take any decision.
BR,
Mahesh

From India, Mumbai
shbawadiya@gmail.com

hi ,
Priya
Identity card is only for proof of employee wroking in organisation.
ID card should include only employee code,name blood group and emergency contact no. for employee safety as per my knowledge.
shbawadiya

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.