No Tags Found!

prashantghole
I do agree with Divya. keep the mangalsuttra in purse while on job & wear it whenever u r out of job.
From India, Mumbai
tripleR
Hi
I have worked in 2 leading Radio stations in Chennai and Mumbai for a period of 3 years. I have handled the On Ground job while in Chennai for over 1.5 years and have seen how it is in mumbai too.
To my knowledge they dont bring in policies like this because radio stations always thrive to connect with the local people. In a state like maharashtra which has a rich culture they cant do like this. You can mail me in my mail and let me know which radio station is asking having policies like this. I will try my best to talk to that particular station in case it is required.
regards
rajaram

vedprakash3112

Hi,
As we all know company is more powerfull than an individual employee.
Company can't not compell any female employee for not wearing mangalsutra. If there is no specific provision embodied in appointment Terms & Conditions.

From India, Mumbai
friendramakrishna
Dear, First of all we should respect our Indian culture, and comes to this problem is very tricky... You can do one thing, why dont she depute her job with in the organisation..
From India, Hyderabad
signal-networks

Dear Mr. Akhilesh, Well said about our culture. I do respect this being an HR. There are limits for everything. We cannot sacrifice all these just for professionalism. Chitra
From India
yarlapatinarahari
Dear Harshal
All policies of organisation will be written within frame work of law of land. In India wearing mangalsutra is tradition and accepted by the Hindu law. Just because of their policies, you need not remove or resign. Take up the matter appropriately with management. Just because you are not adheereing to their conditions which are contradictory to the law of land, they can not take action. So be brave and figh. One example : Wearing turban in France is prohibited but Sikh community foguht and won

From India, Ludhiana
ritashelankar

First of all check your documents submitted at the time of joining, whether it is mentioned by HR anywhere towards this or not? and if it is so then ask why? i don't think any HR will ask so unrealistic thing as they are also from India as per my belief so plz clarify at HR and resolve otherwise there are so many options in your sphere right
From India, Vadodara
virtuepratap
HI
No management will ask to remove mangalasutra they might have feel to cover with dress, as they require of their conditions of work , work is important ,no where the working conditions suggests the females not to be wear mangalasutra.

From India, Bellary
krish126
Hi Harshal,

First of all, as a policy, HR cannot object to wearing of mangalsutra as it is against the fundamental rights given by the Indian Constitution to practise/follow any religion. They can only request your sister not to display the mangalsutra prominently but to hide it inside her top/dress. There are some companies/TV channels that follow the above practise and as it also concerns the sentiments of not only the employee but the society around her, I suggest that your sister talks to the HR.

For your information, the erstwhile Air India which used to ground cabin crew once they got married, lost a case in the court and had to allow them to continue working as cabin crew. It is something else, if your sister wishes to remove her mangalsutra but HR cannot pressurise her to remove the mangal sutra but can, at best, request her not to display it too prominently.

May be someone in the forum can give a legal opinion on this as I feel that any kind of pressure can be considered illegal given the fact that the Indian Constitution provides for freedom to practise any religion.

Regards

Krishnan

From India, Madras
pmallik
i think she needs to have a talk with the management and should make an effort to convince them, since i guess there is no such laws made in india that a woman could not wear mangalsutra on her work. Definately this is a serious situation and needs to be handled seriously.
From India, Bharat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.