No Tags Found!

Ash Mathew

Just like how in a company Culture flows from top to bottom, in a country - the culture flows from top to bottom.
We have a few politic comedians who are fit for nothing.!
I must say in that case we are far below averagecomparign to any other country.
(Even an ordinary robber will accept in his heart that he is doing a crime, but our politicians in day-light itself they steal! they say they have the power)
Why to mention - one of the VAFI strategies were to keep women informed of local police station contact details (Address). Now policemen itself rape women reaching out to their help (fact - recent 6 Delhi constables who raped a girl)...where to go?
;-) Reality check!

From India, Madras
Mousumi kakoty

Good HR Assosiates.this is how you address your company right but i cannot see any good neither in your language nor in your behaviour.The way you write it seems your company possess ziro professionalism. Before writing such things about corpoate HR i think you forgot that these are your clients from where get your revenue and from where you get your bread and butter. How can someone who is professional can write some thing like this about their clients in a social networking site.

For your kind information we corporate HR never lie to any one, if the position is on hold we tell the truth, moreover the position goes on hold mainly because of the consultants. Why? I will tell you, when we get the requirement from the technical department they want the position to be closed within a time frame, we pass on the requirements to the consultant with the proper JD and explain them the time frame. Firstly, they will send some scrap and will waste atleast three to four days which is beyond the time frame and finaly when they know what excatly they need to search the position goes on hold as the technical department do not require anyone as the project is being completed.

Apart from this, instead of supporting client the consultant try to support the candidates and force us to increase the the pakcage which is not under our budget. To hide their incabilities they say its hard to find a candidate with xyz package and xyz skills and later on will say that we have send numerous profile before.

So, the profile which they send and are in our database is actualy scrap and we cannot use them in future. I don't understand why the consultant cannot train their recruiters to send some good profiles as per the JD within the TAT. Now thats a SHAME.

So, now stop complaining about corporate HR and go and do some work "As it says action speaks louder than voice"

From India, Delhi
good.hr.associates

Dear Mousumi
Thanks for your views.
But I wish you had read all the posts by me carefully before posting your opinions.
You have given a knee jerk reaction like so many others :(
The complaint is against the Bad HR practices & Bad Corporate professionals. I am assuming you are good so you don't need to defend the Bad Corp HR.
You may give us some ideas as to how to deal with Bad Corp HR, like Asha has tried to help.
Good HR Associates.

From India, Chandigarh
pschakrapani
Hi,
This is a typical situation and you need to handle diplomatically.......
You can explain the HR that you have been in touch with the candiate and convinced him for your requirement.
I had very bad experience with one of the CMM level 5 client in india and the HR alwasy used to tell me as duplicate profile, one day i have downloaded a profile from naukri, changed to my name and they replied that as duplicate profile. After 2 hours i got a call from that company for the discussions on that CV. Later i told them that i will not work for your company and the HR was fired because of various instances.

From India, New Delhi
raghublr1979
Dear Sir

Why u r looking one side of coin ? we have to look both side of coin right ?? In my personnel experience , some executive appointed through the consultant , after small period of time same consultant will arrange the interview of out employees to different clients ,its easy that data base is with them now they know where this candidates is working ......... Do not write shame for Corporate Managers , instead i will give a good suggestion keep follow up to clients or if required contact candidates also ...............

Regards
Raghavendra

Dear HR Managers / Executives

You'll agree & believe that the positions / job openings are sent to consultants after delibrate thought from Corporate Managers including the HR managers and after due consideration of Manpower requirements, strategic HR planning etc etc.

A routine and common practice by corporate HR is to put the position ON HOLD after they have received a good number of profiles from consultants. Obviously they are cheating the consultants of their hardwork by citing internal restructuring, changes in hierarchy, and numerous other lame execuses "which are outside their control".

Position "ON HOLD" - Means "Thank you you foolish consultants, now we have enough number of CV's which we can play around with and contact on our own after some time!"

This happens repeatedly with lot of corporate clients. Its a shame on the HR Fraternity.

Then should I believe that the corporate HR is incompetent in predicting their HR requirements? Are they unaware of what is going on in their own companies? If they are changing theri requirements repeatedly, are not competent enough to know what exactly they are looking for?

This is all Hogwash. We all know they are creating their own database / pipe line of candidates.

Mr HR Manager / Executive - Please stop lying & stop cheating the consultants. I will equate this to stealing somebodies fruits of labour & hardwork.

Shame! Shame!

Good HR Associates[/QUOTE]

From India, Bangalore
good.hr.associates

Dear Pschakrapani
Thank you so much for sharing your expereince. This was an Eye Opener! Would request others to share more such expereinces in this thread as also remedial measures we can take as consultants to avoid exploitation.
Good HR Associates

From India, Chandigarh
good.hr.associates

Dear Raghvendra
I am assuming that you are a Good Corp HR.
The shame is on Bad Corp HR who exploit the consultants, cheat them, use them to theri advantage.
If you are good with consultants, please keep it up and if the consultants is Bad, I will strongly recommend you immediately dump him and blacklist him and expose his name on this forum.
Good HR Associates
[/QUOTE]

From India, Chandigarh
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Thanx Shabz.
It is good to find that these 'churnings' are resulting in a few good suggestions.
I request members to contribute with their opinions and experiences.
The subject matter is something that has not been explored, discussed, written-about in detail earlier, anywhere. It will add to every HR practictioners knowledge-base and skills-repertoire.
Regards.

From India, Delhi
lahartahbildar
Hello everyone, I am quite new to CiteHR and it's really great to see good suggestions and experience sharing from all involved...
As with everyone else, this issue has happened to us multiple times, and the only thing that helped mitigitate the risk of losing candidates to corporate HR is to proactively develop a strong rapport with the candidates, and staying in regular touch with them. This way, even if the candidate is contacted directly and the candidate applies, he/she keeps us in the loop and we can contact the HR once the process is over.
Also, if there are multiple openings for the same positions, please ensure that your shortlisted candidate gives you a reference if they have another known person who would fit this job requirement. Whether you take this reference or not, the corporate HR would definitely take references from your candidate, when he/she is shortlisted or offered.
Lahar Tahbildar

From India, Bangalore
YGeeta

Hi,
Really interesting discussion,got to see it now only.
Well,
It is such a situation which has 3 entities in to play Corporate / Consultant and candidate. Now each of these 3 entities have as representatives one common creature called "Human" - and you know 'to err is human', its all play of interests / fears / temptations etc.
We can at best discuss various examples / cases / situations on this particular topic just to enlighten and get enlightened ,but after all this, every one will have as a take away only one thing - We need to act based on situation and can't generalise...
That is why working with people, for people, makes it such interesting and challenging profession(HR - Corporate or consultant).
Thanks
Geeta

From Korea, Seoul
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.