anil.arora

Greetings of the day,
Dear All Seniors,
As we all know that our administrator has already posted the following instructions (comes under Manage Attachments) for all the people who post/attached material, but still this problems is going on and respective owners are making complains for the same.
”Upload only material owned by you or where you have permission to distribute the material –legal action can be taken by copyright owners-check for the copyright notices before uploading”
Now it is our (Members) moral duty to follow the same but as this problem is still going on, therefore, i would like to ask something
If it is possible to check the authenticity of every attached document before or after posting and one is doing the same, then why these copyright materials being not recognized and deleted immediately. And do we have any other alternative to prevent or to fight back with this problem bcz it is not a simple and ordinary problem.

From India, Gurgaon
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg Copyright Materials Instruction by Administrator-CiteHR.JPG (91.8 KB, 43 views)

nashbramhall

Dear Anil,
Checking involves time. Moderators have to go to Google/Amzon and see if the book is available and see if it has any instructions on copyright. It all involves time. I only look at those threads that I am intgerested in. I am sure same is the case with other moderartors.

From United Kingdom
aussiejohn

Simhan is right, we do not have time to check everything.

I generally skim through the list of postings with attachments to see what is being posted. Anything with a large attachment is usually a book and I target those.

But it is not only books that are a problem. Members need to be aware that if they are posting material generated within their own organisations, ie, powerpoints, manuals, policies etc, then this material rightly belongs to the organisation and you need to make sure you have specific permission to publish outside the organisation.

There have been many postings here of material I would regard as strictly confidential to the relevant organisation.

If the management of your organisation became aware of these sorts of postings, you could end up in serious trouble.

Sharing is helpful to everyone, but please think very carefully about what you post, and as we keep saying, ensure that YOU own the copyright or have specific permission from the copyright owner to post the material.

From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.