No Tags Found!

zara muneer

Hi;
I think asking a person to resign is not a good gesture from HR dept. The ones who are suggesting for medical leave is a good option. Also you can take guidance from your senior in the Company..
Do let us know what you decided as your decision might help us in the near future (God forbid if we face the same situation)
Good luck!!
Regards;
zara

From Pakistan, Karachi
radhika srinivasan

Make sure that The employee Resigns, if possible give him part of salary amount for his medical purpose so taht once if he rejoins you cna deduct in monthly basis from his salary..
Helping him to get an medical insurance are also helpful

From India, Bangalore
vspampari
Dear Raul,
This is really very important and signifificant case to be discussed. The first option is right, because you will be saving the health of several employees and also you are giving ethical sense to the employees. Only one thing you have to do is to keep it confidential so that others will not know about it. After curing he will join back the office. As HR executive, you may extend financial help to him.
Thanks & Regards
Dr. Pampari 8)

From India, Hyderabad
srividhyakannan

Hi
Please dnt ask him to resign from the Job as this will Lead to Mental Depression. Nothing Is Impossible.
I have seen Lots of People Affectd By Cancer and now they are Doing Really Good.
As a Hr Professional, Be a Good Counseller to him and Also help him from Other Collgues and Managment in oRder to support his financial crisis.
Give Values to People.
God will Bless u Always....
Hope u Go with Dr. Kavitha's Advice..

From India, Madras
neeru6

Hi Raul
I also had come in contact with many TB cases, but we have never considered them to be removed from the environment. The best thing that works safe is boosting the will power of the sufferer and getting him consulted to a good doctor, and then one also needs to ensure that the sufferer takes the care and precautions guided by the doctor. Also, so far as I know, regular medication and proper diet are crucial in getting rid from the disease permanently.
With my experiences, I feel he can remain working, but if his financial condition doesn't allow him to sustain prescribed diets, which may include fruits, milk etc. then financial support to assist would be required to get the desired results. But yes, it is not so difficult to deal with the situation once you collect the facts relating the disease and financial requirements.
Hope you will be able to take the right decision
Best wishes
Neeru Agarwal
With a Passion for HR

From India, Delhi
sandeep_sable

Hi,

I had gone through the same when one of our employee was diagnosed with TB (My Mom actually who is from the medical fraternity told me to get him checked when he casually visited my home once ).

We immideatly started the treatment , which nowadays is not costly and even govt hospitals give it free. It lasts about 3 months and has to be continued for six more.

During this period he was given work in open areas which did not contaminate the air. TB is contagoius if a weaker person with improper diet comes in contact.

The Sick Leave can be sanctioned and continued in exceptional cases as his monetrory condition should not deteriorate , also he needs to put on some special diet.

We can always find a way out wth the help of management and consider special cases. If we have to ponder with TB cases , What will happen when we come across AIDS cases ?

We have to think beyond some brackets and extend our support . That what is Hr all about .Isn't it ?

From India, Pune
SANJAYMBA
Hi Raul,
HR's are very good decision makers.An hr should be always be a kind hearted person without hurting the feelings of others.keeping this problem in view i can suggest you to be strategic.you need not speak to him directly because he can understand you. but you can speak to him over a phone(intercom connection) or using a special equipment.you need not worry about it.at the same time it is not good to relieve any good
resource.

From India, Madras
sridhar.b
Hi Rahul, I am aware of TB and it is not contagious if he is taking medications, it will only spreads if you are not taking medications.
From India, Hyderabad
connect raj
hi,
As a HR we should take care of the employees. its not like that we should make him resign the job in other case why dont you people arrange for some mediacl check up to the employee and if you do so it will be realyy helpful for your organisation and you will find the difference.......
regards
R.Rajkumar
manager - human resources..

From India, Madras
Raul.

Dear All,
Thank you for all your valuable suggestions and recommendations.The employee is well competent and worth possessing in the organization and we have retained many employees because of the Work culture over here in our company.Its already 20 days he has been diagnosed with TB but its between the Hr the operation guy and the branch in charge.We kept it secret to avoid chaos among employees.Now the employee being very shy in nature has applied for leave and i have granted it. Being a little bit personal i have made all the arrangements for medical leave and advances and will ensure he is cured and resumes work soon.
Thanks again for your valuable inputs.
Regards
Raul

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.