No Tags Found!

Neth31
We are a private limited IT services co. Regarding the compensatory off, currently we have a policy where if an employee works on a holiday for 4hrs or 8hrs can avail 0.5( half) or 1 day off resp. We have also stated that it can be availed anytime during the year (Jan-Dec). I wanted to know if there a rule within which the comp off needs to be utilized? I would like to make employee use it within 3 months else it gets lapsed. Can I do this? Also, can it be availed all at once, or can we keep a capping on the comp off's they can avail at a time? Maybe only 2 at a time? Since it is a Pvt. ltd. co. Can we make our own rules with regard to the above?
From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Time limit for availing comp off will vary from Company to Company.. There is no statutory time frame. Many Companies provide sufficient time frame like end of financial year or calendar year ( it depends on the industry- if employees are not able to avail comp off due to project work , they will provide sufficient time frame). Even 3 months time frame is also ok provided if it is feasible for employees to avail comp off.
From India, Madras
rajvirjil

Hi, yes, if you are working on your scheduled weekly off, you must avail of compensatory off within three days after your scheduled weekly off. For example, if your weekly off is on Sunday, then you need to avail your compensatory off on or before Wednesday.

Secondly, if you have worked on a factory holiday, you can avail the compensatory off within the month, depending on the company policy, but not more than three months.

regards
Rajvir

From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.