gs_rao1971

Chandana :

Pls do not get upset on this. Try to be bold. The HR Folks should have more courageous. Just fire that particula guy infront of everyone and tell him if he repeate the same that you are going to take a disciplinary action against him. If HR thinks there are lot of ways to screw the employees. Hence be very bold and raise your voice. While releasing the increment put his behavioural aspect also so that remaining guys will comes in to the line. You do not have to tell this your manager. Even I also have faced similar situation in the office. Ofcourse the scenario is different. All the employees in HR are femals and I am only the person 'Male'. Subordinates have never cared about me. I have waited for the time and given an opportunity to them to commit a serious mistake. The moment they were caught immediately I fired them out of employment. The entire atmosphere has come in to my fold.

Do not worry things will happen. But wait for the right opportunity.

Regards,
Srinivasa Rao
Senior Manager - HR

From India, Hyderabad
Sanjeev.Himachali

This is a nice posting and you have received many replies as well, but neither did you mentioned in your posting nor does anyone asked you…what do you mean by dominating? What these guys are trying to do by dominating you? Are they asking you to do some favor for them; or are they trying to bully you; they are disturbing you? Since when are you working in this organization?

If you are new in HR profession, kindly note the following:

1)Don’t go by words of people. Don’t do anything if they are asking you to do in a informal interaction or during the lunch break. Take everything in email. Whatever they are asking you to do, ask them to send you an email.
2)Don’t do anything which is not mentioned in the employee manual / handbook.

3)Take instructions only from your Boss or CEO and no one else.
4)Remember, you are not working for people; you are working for the company.

5)Also remember, there will always be love-hate equation between HR and staff members. Don’t try…don’t even make an attempt to impress everybody. You will not be able to do that.

I hope these inputs will help to certain level.

Thanks and Regards

From India, Mumbai
prasad sn
Dear Chandana,
I can clearly understand your predicaments. However, you must have a few golden rules as a working person,
1. your boss is a colleague in your profession and not your PROTECTOR/PATRON
2. Your relationship with your boss is POSITION based and not PERSON based
3. As to your interaction with your office colleagues- YOU LAUGH AND THE WHOLE WORLD LAUGHS, YOU FROWN AND YOU WILL BE ALONE. So, don't ever take the help of your boss's name, position and personal rapport to further your cohesiveness in the team. If you do that, you will not have any Identity of your own!
4. Further, do not even make the mistake of reporting the happenings in your office location to your boss who is at a different location- unless specifically asked for.
5. Enjoy every moment of your work, have a laugh with everyone, stop thinking about what others are thinking about you etc.

kingofkingsrajesh
Dear Chandana,

Find below few tips

1) When people try to dominate or insist on their views dont go against them by expressing your views immediately just drop a mail asking for reports or supporting documents on thier views in which make sure you mark a cc to your boss & all necessary people ex other persons boss (loop your boss) in the mean while you be ready with all documents supporting your ideas and drop the same a reply and leve the suggestion to be open now you can win if your view were right at the same time people will fear you as you prove to be full of stuff and since you make your communication transparent. any thing postive or negative you will win the confidence of your boss and others more over you are creating a win win situation.

2) Be limited in your verbal communication make everything through mail and try to find a support inside your team make him a reliable person discuss issues with him alone and when ever he comes up with a right suggestion encourage him in front of the team this will create an health competition and eny and people wanting to know info will try to be good to you.

Regards

Rajesh

From India, Madras
Mercyvj
This is with regards to the issue raised by Chandana.... we wud like to suggest to her that, whatever work she gets, it has be in black and white(on paper),Make sure you know ur key performance areas(KPA's) properly and u perform accordingly,Evn if u get the tasks orally be sure that u put it in the mail to the concerned person and do not forget to CC it to your boss... this will surely help you to keep a track of your activities...Hope this will help you.
Regards
Mercy & Jayshree

From India, Hyderabad
Mercyvj
I have a query wit regards to "BULLYING" in offices...It happens in every corporate company but y does it happen ? ive changed 3 companies as of now and still facing such problems but i dont really understand the motive behind this....and surely this was not the cause for me to leave the job...
Regards
Mercy

From India, Hyderabad
urvashiverma

dear chandana..
i suggest u not to b very friendly with ur employees...as ur boss is not thr u hav to handle each n evrything so dnt get dominated with anyone, let them realise that u r HR......
and listen their view dnt ignore them but make them undestand that the last decision is urs....
best of luck!!!

From India, Bangalore
rozario rajkumar

Dear Chandana, Be calm and still, but be strong in your emotions and profession. Things will change. Try to concentrate in developing you. Take care. Rozario. Rajkumar
From India, Hyderabad
chandanabhuyan

Thanks a ton, all of you.
This is for Sanjeev,
you asked me about dominating, dear Sanjeev actually they dominating me by their views, though their views are not similar. They behaving me as a fresher as I don't know anything. Every day they are changing their rules & regulations & it affects me only. Because I am the only person to interact with people everyday. And if I am not accepting their views they told me that "You don't know anything, you are a newcomer" & force me to change myself.
Anyways, Thank you so much all of you guys. I will changed myself even I am already in the path of change.
Regards,
Chandana:)

From India, Mumbai
hussain25
Hi Chandana,

Being H.R is Dominating task & in this field for the freshiers every Organization employer treat in the same way. So don’t panic and stay where you are and be yourself first try to find out why they are back of you all the time & find out the solution rather complaining your BOSS , be Frank , be Strong , be Clear in your thoughts and know your job first if you do that ,then there is no way you will succeed in your Professional life.

Thanks,
Best of LUCK !!
Syed Hussain.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.