Anonymous
Dear Forum Members,
I would request you to answer/clarify a small question from my side.
How is the career growth opportunity for an HR person in an University or an education sector.

I would like to see any of the subject/matter expert to throw some light on my query. Thank you in advance.

From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Career growth of an individual either in HR or any other field depends on the capabilities of the individual primarily and also how an individual seize the opportunity at right time, at work place. ( “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” Ann Landers). The above is general perception.

As for as Education sector is concerned the scope of HR will be very limited in the sense once the HR process is defined and formulated everything will move routinely. You might not come across any major conflict or dispute where HR intervention is required or it will be very minimal. Also attrition rate will also very minimal as long as salaries are nominal. Scope for learning will not there much.

Where as the role of a HR in a Corporate ( it may be non IT / IT / ITES )/ Factories would be challenging in all aspects right from recruitment to exit process wherein HR role will be more vital. Here HR will face different issues on a day to day basis there by it would become a learning opportunity.

It is up to the individual whether to get satisfied with mundane HR process or want to be part of cornerstones of effective Human Resources Management like Recruitment & selection, performance management, learning & development, succession planning, compensation and benefits, Human Resources Information Systems, and HR data and analytics

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.