No Tags Found!

mare
hi.....all,
i an a mba student.at present i am doing a project on competency mapping and career development for the employees in a logistics company.i prepared a job analysis questionaire and stated interviewing employees.but still i dont have a clear idea as how to proceed my project.please i want guidance of u peoples.
expecting ur help
thank u.

Noopur
Hi,

A little detail reagrding the same:

- In my company the need for competency mapping was realised when people with different experience were not getting proper defined roles and designation. Also there was lot of confusion reagrding technical and behavioral competencie required for each role.

Fo eg: at a particular level, one person might be Databse administrator, SR trainer or DW developer....so though they are at same level they require different technical competencies. Also behavioral competencies will differ for two people at same level (one being project manager and one being sr.researcher)

- Generally big companies go for an external consulatnt for competency mapping (HR is too involved in the process)

- Defining various roles/ jobs in a comapny (It si mainly done by talking with seniors, interviewing, focus groups)

- Defining competencies required for each role (technical & behavioral)

- Defining major competencies required at each level and making competency development plan (how to enrich the particular compatency in the organization in a year)

Assessment centre is generally done during this phase though it is generally done for promotions and developement of an individual....not for competency mapping....

I hope this helps you. Please feel free to share your views.

Regards

Noopur

From India, Mumbai
Chetan W

Dear Anu, Pls find attached input on C.M. Hope this will help u. Chetan
From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf employee_competency_mapping_and_appraisal_124.pdf (1.06 MB, 542 views)

Shipra.Chaubey

Please Dear all Thinking heads .......
Can you plz suggest me how can i use or start competency mapping in my Org,
It is into manufacturing of automobile parts......... PLANT HR
plz help me....... i have many presentations but how to start....
Rgsd
SHIPRA CHAUBEY

From India, Gurgaon
Chetan W

HI Pls find attached. Maybe help ful to you. CHETAN
From India, Mumbai
File Type: pdf employee_competency_mapping_and_appraisal_842.pdf (1.06 MB, 292 views)

adwitia
Hi All
I have certain queries regarding competency mapping, please help me out with the following:
For a manufacturing unit having a workforce of 1000 people who have decided to announce VRS for 100 people
How would competency mapping help?
What are the advantages of competency mapping in such a scenario?
What are the steps involved in doing competency mapping in such a manufacturing unit?
How to do it for 1000 people?
How much manhours would be required?
What type of information we should have to do the competency mapping of such a manufacturing unit
How it could be done in a cost effective manner?
Thanks & Regards
Adwitia

Chetan W

Hi Anu Pls find material in Cometancy Mapping. Chetan
From India, Mumbai
File Type: zip competency_based_hr_management_768.zip (97.1 KB, 215 views)

bahubali
Dear Rajesh Balasubramanian, The way you explained the competancy mapping procedure is just excellent, simple and understanding. Thanks for sharing. HR Professional
From India, Mumbai
shiva30384
skill assessment is a part of competency mapping, the difference being it considers only functional or tangible tasks where as competency takes in the behavioral aspect of the people.
what u can do is select the best performer within ur firm assess him on the behavior and intellectual part, take it as standard and upgrade the rest in the same profile.
this is the most simple thing to do

mahdizam
request can you attach a sample of competency mapping (preferly in oil and gas industry)?i think it is better for knowing it.
From Iran, Tehran
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.