No Tags Found!

AmazingMan

Why do you want to verify the salary of the previous company.
Even if the previous company had offered him a crore rupee, and if it is proved r u going to match it?
See, Here the purpose of verification is very important. So dont waste your time when you are not open to salary increment. Every company has its norms depending on qualification & experience you require for the position you want to fill. Only follow the norms.
Regards
Ajjay

From India, Mumbai
humaid

I agree to what Raj said, he has almost hit the bull's eye. But not all companies have their grading system in place. From my understanding, companies 'spy' on a candidates previous salary because some candidates blow up their salaries at the time of interview to bag a bigger pay packet. But then only such companies, which pays according to ones past salary encourages practices as this. It is nobody's fault I may say but companies must take initiative and have a proper grading system so that even if someone is stuck at a lowly paid job that does not commensurate his capabilities may not 'blow up his salary' at the interview. I am not an HR person, but people on this forum who are HRs and are working at such companies( that do not have a candidate grading system) must push this point to their respective managements.
From India, Mumbai
applyrajesh
Hmmmm! Raj, your wordings are strong and impressive. I am fully agree with u. You have given fair logical reasons.
I am an employee, still have a question. Dont you think, if a new employee is cheating the employer, telling him the extended salary from previous employment, he will not cheat the new employer. What you say man???

From India, New Delhi
ravipusapati

I donot know why all of you have come to the conclusion that verifying the previous company salary is for benchmarking the new offer.
It can also to see whether the proposed incumbent is honest in declaring the facts.
Think in that angle yar...

From India, Hyderabad
mahalakshmi 26
Hi
Before doing a job we should know why we are doing the job; what is the purpose of verifying the the salary - With little thought and cooperation bank statements, IT returns,salary slips can be "created";
Only conclusion we will arrive after verification is that the new employee is not a descendant of Harichandra and that he is like 99.999 of us - a human being of six sigma order
Since you get a order from the top/rule book for verification, do the verification sincerely; in case the employee deviates from the norms, this will help us in nailing him when we want to
Best wishes

From India, Gurgaon
arwa123
Hi dear,
Simply you need to send reference request letter to his/her previous company requesting to know the joining date, last working day, line manager comments related to his/her performance, name of the department, his/ her designation, and salary.
This letter should be issued from HRD in your company to his/her pervious company.
This practice is done in banking sector because it’s intransitive and it’s legal. On the other hand asking for 6 months salary slip is illegal, you can be sued accordingly
Regards,
Arwa

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
srini_vs8562

I completely accept with Mr Raj Kumar’s thought. He is very much right. I do not think that there should be any ambiguity. Srinivas
From India, Hyderabad
pramod pandey

question is how can get salary info. question is not what is use???
different organisation has different policy , practice and norm.
You can ask salary slip or bank statement and if both are not available ask saly certificate which are given by every employer at the time of leaving of job.
over phone exact saly info is not possible and it is my personal advice please do not ask salary over phone.
thanks,
pramod Pandey
Senior Mananger - Admin & HR
The Crescent Group,
Mumbai.

From India, Mumbai
narva_prashanth

Hey All,

Just a quick thought, the question was "Please let me know how to verify the previous salary details (Previous company) of new joining employee" & not about the purpose of Verifying / Arriving at a Salary to be offered & as per Sarika's question its clear its for someone someone who has joined her Org...

To Clarify Raj -
1. As a employer, an organization has every right to validate the credentials of the prospective candidate to understand the background - To make sure the right talent is coming into the organization & as a candidate if I'm clear I would definitely not have any problems getting my Back Check done &

2. To determine a Salary, definitely yes as a Organization, it has set norms for a Band / Level ( based on Education, Technical Expertise, Years of Experience, Type of Organization coming from, what value add you get to the table & INTERNAL PARITY) & there wll not be a set salary - it would be a Range per say between 5-6 Lakhs / 6-7 Lakhs & all these are only Indicatives & not the underlying Rules & when you arrive @ a salary all the above factors including Prev Org salary plays vital role

Hope this gives you some insights....

Sarika, You can do the Salary Check the following ways -

1. Payslips of the Candidate & the Latest Revision Letter with breakup & to compare the same with Bank A/C Statement - this will give you a fare idea even if the candidate tries to forge with any of the documents.

2. Form 16 will help you identify if the candidate has been employed by the same org / not

3. There are multiple Background check Vendors available in market (First Adv, Carrier Cruse, AutoBridge are few recognized), you can approach them for the complete back check of the candidate - Education, All Employments, Address & Criminal Records

4. If you would want to do it your self - you can approach the Candidates Company ( HR Person) @ Mgr / Above level in the Core HR team who can confirm you over an E-mail.

Hope this clarifies

Prashanth Narva

Vasant Nair

Hey Guys,

All of us have given great inputs on what should be ideal manner of handling salary fixing for new entrants.

However, have most of us not ignored the fact that the query was " How to verify the employee's previous salary"

The query clearly implies that there is a need to verify the Previous salary details of the candidate. The query was How to do it.

Raj has done a fine job of explaining the HR pratices prevalent in some organizations where they have their own set norms for fixing the remuneration package of a new entrant and previous salary details are not really relevant is such environment.

I can assure you that many large companies do follow the practice of deciding the CTC package of a new entrant on the basis of the last salary drawn by the candidate. It is the HR person's responsibility to ensure that parity is maintained.

If while doing so, the salary demanded by the candidate is likely to cause a mismatch in the Co.'s remuneration structure, the person is dropped. And life goes on.

We look for someone else.

Please do appreciate that every organization has its own set of practices that suit their respective environments.

Therefore in the instant case, lets try and help our friend in finding out best ways to "VERIFY AN EMPLOYEE'S (I SUPPOSE A NEW ENTRANT) PREVIOUS SALARY".

There have been some responses, lets have some more.

Cheers & Happy Diwali to all CITE members & friends.

Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.