sudhirkumar.hr

Hi,
This is sudhir it was there mostly in the HOTELS when i am working as a HR Supervisor in the reputed hotel i was involved in this type of activities like arranging birthday parties for Executives level and the staff level and that is a great moment for the employee and in the absent of the employee i went on the car from the company and handover the cake and with a nice greeting card to his family.
Regards,
Sudhir Kumar

From India, Visakhapatnam
sanjiv.chogle
elsamammen in my organisation we give to the employee greeting card alongwith sodex coupon and company allows him to go half day. Every month at the end of month on Friday we celebrate funday
From India, Mumbai
REVARAVI
Deat Elsa

WHENEVER there is a good initiative, you will have 7 people out of 10 to support and a few always opposing. Either they do not understand the purpose, or they want to create problems. In general people appreciate such events which motivates people, fosters team building, develops better understanding and brings people close to one another.

So what do you do with the people who oppose, call a meeting of all such people, make them understand the purpose of such functions and how it can help each other. It is the best way an employee gets a break from the monotony of work, and spends time in pleasure and enjoyment. This should therefore not be felt as a burden or stress.

Please send some write-up and involve seniors in the organisation who can take it across to the employees, bringing out the purpose and end objective. I am sure it requires lot of UNDERSTANDING, once people understand, they will participate and enjoy with others. And certainly they also will have their turn of birthday, when they would actually realise that. Once the feeling penetreates into them, they will be a part of it and not outside !!

We at Deutsche Bank are running this program for years, one day in a month, dedicated to cake-cutting, fun, games etc. and employees chill out and enjoy thoroughly. Those not interested do not come, but thankfully 90% of employees participate and make it a success. It is time tested in many organisations and I am sure yours will also be a success, so do not lose heart, keep continuing the good job......life beyond work is equally important. Good Luck !

Ravi Narayan

AVP- Deutsche Investors Services Pvt. Lt.

Mumbai

From India
ramasubramaniyan

Dear Elsa,
This is the encouragement. Dont stop. This is the employee motivation. It is a good practice. You can dot it continously.
In our organisation we are celebrating every employee birthday, from low level to high level. There is no partiality in that. We purchase the cake and used to cut. In every organisation, it should be follow. Because of this is the small motivation in the angle of organisation, but in the angle of employee it is unforgetable moment. so it should be follow.
Treats and gifts are their wish. So we should not forced by the employee.

From India, Madras
Mukesh_WDU
Dear Elsa
In our oagenisation we have also celebrat the employee birth day.
on his birthday we have call the employee in HR department with his department head.
and the department head give him birth day gift " Lunch Box" and a one kg sweet box.

From India, Delhi
skjohri1

Dear Elsa,
Such small things make a substantial diference for the organisation as they inculcate amongst employees a sense of belongingness to the company and also motivate one to contribute to the interest of the organisation.
Keep it up.
Regards
S.K.Johri

From India, Delhi
chandra.satish
Dear Elsa,
A good practice once started need not be stopped. In our organisation, mail is sent to all announcing the birthday and wishing the individual. A flower bouquet alongwith chocolates etc are arranged by the HR which is handed over to the employee by the concerned HOD in that particular section. Others may join but most of the time it is departmental celebration. Employees are mature enough not to nag the individual for treats etc. In fact his / her friends may bring chocolates etc.

From India, Delhi
navyseal
Dear Elsa,

There would be many a "Doubting Thomas" who may not appreciate camaraderie, team spirit which evolves from bonding over a simple affair aka, a birthday celebration. Primarily, as a Manager, I definitely encourage such occasions as this I think every employee whose birthday is remembered and celebrated would certainly feel important and will be the focal point of discussion away from the routine affairs of office. Ultimately, I am sure it would be entrenched in human psyche that each of us certainly want to feel wanted and important.

These kind of initiatives promoted by the management are primarily catered for a broad spectrum of employees and as said earlier, doubting Thomases exist and will always be there. And, with regard to them giving treats, obviously it would an individual call and the person's relations with the other team members.

"Optimism, Teamwork, Camaraderie" are the keywords here....you continue with the great initiative.

Regards,

Raghavan

+91 949 074 6267

From India, Hyderabad
naik.pratiksha1@gmail.com
dats a gud practice and we do follow the same thing, but rather displaying the birth dates everyday on notice board collect the dates of all birthdays in a month and put it on 1 page and display it on nitice board. dat wud be gud and celebration u can do at teh end of teh month cutting one cake by all teh birthday gals and boys in dat month calling all teh employees at one place.
From India, Mumbai
ramusasl@yahoo.co.in

Dear All
once start the birthday celebration, don't stop this.
Please convey to HOD and stop the individual birthday celebrations.
don't irritate to individuals.
otherwise go ahead.
thanks
k.ramu
leighton,tril infor park

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.