No Tags Found!

sonal shree

Yeah I agree this issue needs to be tackled through mutual understanding. This employee is posted in New York (we transferred her from India as in India there was pressure of her inlaws to bear a son) and works from home.
A real tricky situation. We in the HR dept. are making faces as the one shown next :roll:
Thanks

From India, Mumbai
Pashupati Ghosh
Every company shall have a Certified Standing Orders in pursuance of the Industrial Employment( Standing Orders) Act,1946. In case there is no Standing Orders(SO) Model Standing Orders will serve the purpose. In that SO there is a chapter called 'Disciplinary action for misconduct'.You will find a chapter called 'Disciplinary action for misconduct'. There is a list of ommisions and commisions that are called misconduct for which management may take disciplinary action against the delinquent employees. Passing company secret is an offence and is a misconduct also. An employee may be terminated for that misconduct. What you need to do step by step is as follows:

1. Fist plant a witness trap so that she finds no escape route at the time of

domestic enquiry.

2. Give her a charge sheet quoting Cl.No. of the list of misconduct for

which actin will be initiated and seek reply within reasonable period.

3. Report to senior officer the entier fact.

4. In case reply is not satisfactory place her under suspention pending

domestic enquiry. Cl.No. which specifies misconduct must be quoted-

Suspention letter must be issued by senior officer.

5. In case there is no such provision in the SO implicate her on similar

charges

6. Start Domestic Enquiry and follow the procedure for disciplinary

action.

nilendrachand

Dear Sonal,

For the very first case, first try to gather as much data from other sources to prove that she has committed a breach of conduct. In the first instance ask her to resign. If she dosent do that issue her a show cause notice and sought an explanation from her. Then chargesheet her and again ask her to resign. If she still dosent do that terminate her service.

For the third issue, if she is going to have her seventh delivery you cant really do anything (There are celebrities who still has a larger no. of kids). She deserves maternity leave and you have to grant her that. If she wishes to have those many no. of babies let her have. There should not be any problem to anyone. Is this the work of HR to decide how many nos. of babies can one have???? They have to decide how many babies they want to have. Just grant her leave. Dont use any descretionary power. Dont resort to any such means as given by others in this discussion.

I dont find a reason to make so much hue and cry on this. Everyone in this world is free to make their own decision.

Regards,

Nilendra

Hiten Parekh

Hi Chaitali !
I was surprised to see your remarks about maternity leave. Please dont make such comments without knowing the facts. The facts given in the original post are inadequate. You cant determine that if the lady was giving birth to 7th child or she had medical problems of prmature end of pregnancy due to natural or clinical reasons. I am sure you are aware that maternity benefits are available in case of 'miscarriages' also. So please dont think anything is ridiculous unless you know all the facts. And by the way if the lady is going to be mother for 7th time also, it is none of your or HR's business.
Hope you will take this in positive frame of mind.
- Hiten

From India, New Delhi
Pankaj Sharma Jaipur

Dear Sonal, I agree with chaitali...you must follow what she has mentioned. Regards, Pankaj
From India, Chandigarh
nilendrachand

I am getting a feel that inspite of concentrating on activities that will give a better face of HR in our respective organization we are trying to indulge in unnecessary activities.
Which law in india restricts the family size??? If someone wants to increase their family size let him/her do it.
HR is not god and has no right to decide the family size of any person. Lets not try to be god and do kind of things which not really falls under our purview.
Regards,
Nilendra

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.