No Tags Found!

pankaja@jagdale.com
Hi Everyone, Please let me know how many sick leaves, annual leaves/casual leaves and sick leaves are permitted as per the Karnataka Shops & Commercial Establishments Act, 1961.

Also, if there is an option of carrying forward the Earned leaves for the next calendar year, how many leaves can we carry forward?

Please let me know the exact number.

From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

There are 12 casual leaves and 12 sick leaves during a year. In addition to this an employee who works for 12 months shall be entitled to get earned leave at the rate of one day for every 20 days worked in the preceding 12 months. This leave can be carried forward and accumulated subject to a maximum of 45 days.
From India, Kannur
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Mr Madhu Sir,
Please note-Annual Leave under The Karnataka Shops& Commercial Establishments Act:
1.Accident cum Sick Leave @ 12 days Per Annum
2. 1. PL/EL @ 1 day for every 20 days work performed in the previous year. Maximum 15 days Per Annum. Balance of Leave at credit is eligible for Leave Encashment and can be carried forward up to 45 (Forty Five) Days.

From India, New Delhi
Madhu.T.K

Dear Srinath,

Thank you for correcting me. There was a subsection (2) to section 15 and it stands omitted. Therefore, the casual leave is not available now.

I don't find anything like "maximum 15 days per annum" under the Act. Can you please share any notification? (It is true that in a year, it would be around 15 days because with 52 days weekly off and 10 days holidays, the number of working days would be around 300 but for young persons, if any employed the leave should be one day for every 15 days worked and as such it could go up)

From India, Kannur
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Sir,
maximum 15 Days of EL Per Annum is not mentioned in the Act. However, based on calculation of EL, it will not exceed 15 days per Annum.1 Day EL eligibility for 20 Days Work performed is for Adult Worker & Young Persons.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.