jhadevbrat

Dear HR Professionals,
I have an assignment of retrenching about 300 unionised categories of employees out of a total of 500 who are right now posted in the office of a PSU in Mumbai.
I am at a loss to understand whether I would require to obtain permission of appropriate Gvt. as required under Section 25N of chapter VB or I can manage without permission and retrench the staff following the provision of Section 25F of chapter VA of the ID Act,1947. Obtaining permission from appropriate Govt. is almost next to impossible. As far as number of persons to be retrenched is concerned, it is 300 and hence section 25N appears to be only option.
Please advise.

From India, Pune
jhadevbrat

It seems our HR professionals dont want to apply their mind and give me advice.
Any ways, I would like to reply myself.
Since my establishment is neither a factory, mines nor a plantation, it is covered under under Shops and Establishments Act, despite the fact total number of employees is more than 100, provision of section 25N will not be applicable and hence retrenchment is possible without permission of appropriate Govt.
This is for information to all interested HR professionals.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.