exclusivelysheerin
Hi All,

I am working in an IT company managing a team of 20 members. I have one query and hope to get valid answers.

Being a small company it is micro managed by its CEO. All decisions are solely taken by him. In one occasion one employee had to go for leave for a day and the CEO was not available to approve his leave. Therefore the HR of the company consulted with the concerned member about the work status of that employee so that it could be decided that the leave can be approved to him. The other employee approved his leave with whom he was working said no work is pending against him and we can approve his leave. The HR approved his leave for a day and the employee left for the day. When the CEO came to know that leave is approved without his approval he got furious and asking me to take disciplinary action against the HR as he approved his leave without asking the CEO. But as I was not convinced I refused to take action against the HR.

Please send me your feedback if I am right or wrong.

Thanking you
Sheerin

From India, Delhi
ajaykarnati
Hi,
When the organization is maintained solely by CEO (Proprietary), the HR could have contacted CEO before granting the leave.. If not he/she could have explained the situation to the CEO later.
If both is not done.. there is nothing wrong taking an action against HR.... In this case the hr will be asked to give the written explanation..
Now the HR will explain the reason in his explanation letter.. Please go ahead and proceed.
regards
Ajay

From India, Madras
exclusivelysheerin
Hi Ajay,
Thanks for your feedback. The problem is that CEO is based in UK and he micro manages the company remotely which is based in India while there are different departments are set up for running the company but no one is authourised to take any decisions independently which hampers the working process as well. Due to hectic schedule of the CEO sometimes he is not available. The HR explained to CEO regarding the issue but the CEO is not ready to accept his point. The only point the CEO raises is that how can an HR approve his leave without CEO's permission in spite of knowing the urgency of the situation.
Thanks

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.