Rajat0304
My late father's EDLI and pension got rejected by EPFO to which my agent sent the following letter to EPFO ;
"My EDLI and Pension 10d is rejected due to above reasons, However As per EDLI Benefit Father Death date was 29-Aug-2022 and Date of Exit is mentioned in PF Records is 29-Aug-2022 is the same days. How come death is Far from Service? Please Explain me so that i can get an clarification on this Matter."

I got the following reply from EPFO :
Remarks
Returns for the period from 03/2022 to 08/2022 filed after six months of death i.e. in 02/2023 which is against para 10 of EDLI Scheme. Further no proof submitted by the employer to show that death occurred while in service. Hence, case treated as death away from service , employer/beneficiary may submit proof showing death occurred while in service . e.g.ESIC benefit for death while in service , etc. Jai Prakash Chauhan (RPFC I).

Please tell the format in which i should ask my fathers employer for proof that he died in service and how to proceed in this case..

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.