a pahariya
dear sir,
i have earlier given the structure of my salary for getting information regarding the new esi rule, but can a company remove the medical allow. component if it is a part of my sal, i m getting salary less than 15000/- rs? or should take deduction of 1.75% only from my salary.

From India, Kanpur
a pahariya
for details:==
Basic Salary 6,100.00
House rent allowance 2,440.00
Flexi Allowance 2,440.00
Leave Travel Allowance 610.00
Medical Allowance 610.00
Ex Gratia 1,220.00
Conveyance Allowance 1,500.00
total comes :=======14,920.00
and in new sal slip for last month see what happened:==
Basic Salary 6,100.00
House Rent Allowance 2,440.00
Flexi Allowance 2,440.00
Leave Travel Allowance 610.00
ExGratia
Conveyance Allowance 1,500.00
total comes ========14,310.00
is is valid or can differ company to company as i have been answered from superiors.

From India, Kanpur
anilsharma_una
Hi,
You need to clarify whether Med All was in lieu of ESI contribution of the employer or part of normal salary structure?
If this was in lieu of ESI contributions and you have a written agreement / notice on this, in my opinion you can remove and pay ESI contributions in lieu.

From India, Mumbai
rdurgasingh
Hi,
If it is paid to all employees as a part of the salary, company cannot remove the medical allow. component. However, If it is paid only to the employees not covered under ESI Scheme, the same can be withdrawn once they come under the ESI Covereage, subject to the written notice/agreement.

From India, Bangalore
Saurabh_151981

I think at the time of joining you had been given the letter of CTC not for salary so employer share in ESI will also be deducted from your salary. Once please co-ordinate with your HR on this hope they will let you know the fact.
Regards,

From India, Delhi
kumaresank

If Medical Allowance is paid at the interval of more than two months, then it cannot be included in the salary for the purpose of calculation of ESI eligibility & contributions.
From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.