No Tags Found!

moumitanagg@gmail.com
hii! I m moumita, hello, would you suggest me, if I will go for 'Public Relations Executive' profile then it comes under hr profession at the private organization? coz I want to be an HR in my successful life. It will be counted as an experience in HR..... if I will go for Public Relation Executive profile.
From India, Kolkata

From India, Kolkata
amit aishwary choudhary

Dear Moumitaji,

Please refer the following points as described below-

$$$$ PUBLIC RELATION

- "Public relations is a communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their public(i.e. make a relationship between Organization and its Customers,shareholder,stakeholders,each & everything who are directly or indirectly related with Organization) to creates & maintain a favorable Image for their employer at market place.PR work is all about relationships and image of Employer.

- If you want to start a career in PR, you should first earn a degree in communications, journalism, or marketing.Public relations is sometimes known as corporate communications, public affairs or media relations

Example-Job Description of Public Relation Officer

* planning PR campaigns and strategy

* monitoring public and media perception of the client or employer

* writing and editing leaflets, brochures, press releases, speeches, newsletters and websites

* arranging events like press launches, news conferences, exhibitions, open days and sponsorship

* developing good working relationships with the media

* arranging for advertising or promotional films to be produced

* public speaking at presentations, conferences or radio and TV interviews

* representing the company or client at events

$$$$ HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

- An HR staff is the link between employees and the company. They handle questions and problems, brief employees on benefits, help set and enforce organizational policies, and handle both hiring and job terminations. The department is integral to employee satisfaction; it enforces policies equally, mediates disputes and circumvents potential problems.

Example-Job Description of Human Resource Officer

* recruiting staff – advertising and interviewing

* working with other managers to plan future personnel needs

* keeping employee records

* providing staff training and development

* making sure that staff have the right pay and benefits

* arranging services such as staff welfare and counselling

* dealing with grievances and disciplinary procedures

* promoting equality and health and safety

* advising on matters like pay negotiations, redundancy and employment law

* developing HR policies and procedures, and writing staff handbooks

$$$$ DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HR & PR

-HR is not involved in media relations such as pitching reporters to persuade them to cover the company or its products.

-The HR staff would not invite media to a press conference, coordinate a press tour, or write press releases and media alerts.

- An HR staff member would not be a company’s primary spokesperson or main press contact person.

- A PR staff member would be a company’s primary spokesperson or main press contact person

- A PR staff member do not select employee benefits, enforce personnel policies or hold responsibility for other personnel procedures like HR staff members do.

$$$$ SIMILARITIES BETWEEN HR & PR

- The level of interpersonal communication skills necessary is similar between HR and PR staff, as each must be adept at handling people.

- They must be persuasive, likable and engaging. How well HR does its job in recruiting and hiring can affect the public perception of a company; similarly, if the company maintains a positive public image, HR is likely to have greater success in recruiting top talent.

- Internally both departments have a vested interest in employee relations and communications.

On the based of above explanations I can say that both are the same in terms of Communication (both are working for making Image of employer).But on the based on Job description both are different. It will be better if you have Degree in HR & PR then you can work in both department but if u have not the same then it depends on employer.

I hope it will be helful for you to understand your job scenario and career path.

Thanking You!

Regards,

Amit

From India, Delhi
moumitanagg@gmail.com
Yes, last year I have completed my MBA with specialization in 'HR' but still looking for a better opportunity means i am a fresher. so i want to be as an 'HR' in my successful life, but recently my profile selected "public relations executive" so, i want to know only if i will go for this profile, it's counted as an hr or not..... it will be experienced in HR profile
From India, Kolkata
amit aishwary choudhary

In my view, experience will be counted in Corporate Communication Department but it also depends on employer as u have an MBA (hr) degree.
From India, Delhi
moumitanagg@gmail.com
thanks for this information........
now my question about the week it starts on Sunday or Monday.., I m so much confused that.
Why does the week start on Sunday in some calendars and on Monday in others? ...... can you please tell me

From India, Kolkata
amit aishwary choudhary

According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day. from working point of view,the first day of the regular work week is Monday.
You can visit the following link -
Why the Week Starts on Sunday

From India, Delhi
amit aishwary choudhary

As per laws only 26 days taking in a counting in one month. That’s why working days are start from Monday
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.