Not to abuse drags and doing dirty things. I am a pirate too,
It will make me happy to see my child following my steps
And make sound dicisions with dignity. I am not saying he must
Be a policeman because I am.

From United Kingdom
cjddhar
it will never help the parents or you
bring them in confidance and go ahead for yor dreams
it is not sacrifice but lack of will and to take refuge of not doing something of your choice which in long run may prove to be benificial to all including your parents.

From India, Nagpur
newdelhi seo
I have been a rebel since birth. Not disobedient but a rebel. I have my own principles. I try to convince my parents whenever our principles or dreams clash. If they cannot convince me to see the fault in my judgment then my dreams stay whatever the world has to opine. Sacrificing is not a solutions to anything. And being from two different generation the principles are bound to be different. So the right thing INO will be to talk to parents about it.
From India, Delhi
offei david
I think your freinds has obeyed his parents for a time now, it's time for him to discover his own self and get to know who He actually is , he should live to his dreams but not the principles from parents, else he won't be able to make it in life, espercially if he choses a career which he does not cherish.
From Ghana, Accra
kmbbhatia
hi, Deepa, I am sending you one of my best parents wish ppt. presentation file, That way I am satisfied with you, Thank, Kamlesh
From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: zip Parents_Wish.zip (990.2 KB, 34 views)

nileshrao
ask your freind to talk and convince the parents on his points and if still parents not convinced.......do what the parents want.....it is best part in the world to make parents happy....might be for some time ur frnd feel upset & angry but ...........he will feel proud .......whole life...
From India
kasnani
Your dream was not strong and people have wishful thinking for a lot of things. Hence a dream is not one that dies out. The dream of being a good child or being bound by principles was more stronger hence you conformed.
A real true dream is never let go ! so dont worry you havent really lost yours, be honest to yourself and explore the real dream.

From India, Delhi
sushant84vietstar
You know once ramanand sagar who create the epic ramayana once said in a award ceremony that "YOU KNOW WHY OUR INDIA HAS BEEN IN PROGRESS BECAUSE OUR YOUNGESTER NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PARENTS ALWAYS IF THEY LISTEN TO THEM ALWAYS THEY CAN'T DO NEW THINGS" so if they are not going to do something new then there is no progress.so some times it is good to not to listen your parents.
From India, Madras
skad
Do what you love to do & do what makes you happy to the heart. You cannot always please everybody but you can definetly explain & convince them. You got to live u'r dream & what u'r heart say's.
Please not "YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU ARE & YOU GOT TO BLAME YOURSELF FOR THE SAME.

From India, Bangalore
Ash Mathew

Dear Deepa,

Many of us here (including me) can see ourselves in your friends shoes. Changing plans to convince and make parents feel better/lighter/happier...

Ultimately what happens is - we will lose our individuality.

One must understand that hindrances are always a part of our major plan - comes as a default setting. But we need to face them and go ahead with what we have in our mind "the goal plan".

I have come across these questions put across by my parents:

Why should you work extra hours?

Why do you need to stay out after the sun has set?

If all you wanted was a pen, why did you have to spend more than 5 minutes in the shop?

You usually reach at 6:00 pm- today its 6:15 pm? What happened?? (Pls note - the level of BP would be very high)

Why are you working even at home?

Why did you smile and talk to them?

Why did you volunteer to drop them?

What??? you have to arrange a dinner party for your corporate work??? and you think reaching home after 8:00 is acceptable???? Quit this job!

You said you want to quit your job? Do you know that in your age I used to walk to office and save the bus money? And getting a job was seeing heaven for us...and today here you are saying that you need a break? and you think that you are over stressed?

I can handle anything my parents question/ask except this "What will the society/neighbour think of Mathew's Daughter if she comes home late/works late/wakes up early for a walk?"

Really.. this spoils everything. What I would suggest your friend is - to make parents understand that life today is not like what they saw in their age. In those days hardwork and sinceity paid. Today - much more is required. Pace - speed... socializing...everything is required.

In those days - a job as a counter clerk was a great path to success...today, we need to think differently. They should be made to understand that it is not just a DOctor / engineer or computer person who earns - and that they are having a great life. Life is about doing what you feel and know you are good at! Why live like an average man doing an average job????

Today I regret that I took to Sacrificing and I am here doing something of an average woman's job... I know that there is something else I am interested in.. What I am thinking and worrying about is "How to convince my parents"?

I love them, I know that they need only good things to come in my life...but their fear should not be my barrier.

I am sure that once your friend follows his/her dream, achieve in her plan and can show her/his parents that the decision was right - they would be really happy. Initial struggle will be tough..they may even not talk - they may even tell to each other "Our child does not value us anymore"...but we know the truth.. So give all these issues sometime..try to convince, else follow youir dream and show it to them that they need not have to worry anymore "We have actually grown up".

To all parents - "Dont spouil your child's individuality by doing every little thing for them. Tomorrow if something happens to you - they should know what they want in life and move ahead with confidence. Do your bit of hand holding... its a beauty to watch your child learn and grow - not spoon fed. For that you can buy a little doll and use the battery and remote for it to work for you"

I know I sounded bad...but as I told a little earlier - I regret for sacrificing a few things and not helping my parents understand (or rather have the patience to make them understand) that life is not just about being over protective and surrounded by four walls.

But not anymore - I am actually taking time to think and do what they fear the most ;-)

Its all in convincing them! and yes - Time... time plays a major factor

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.