No Tags Found!

dmrgoud
Hi all I am working in the healthcare sector (Hospitals), and my experience is 10+ yrs in HR. if I am looking to change some other company, So many interviewers say that this is a different sector. Why is the healthcare sector different
From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

This is not just in your case but all other sectors too. In India, people expect one to cling to the industry life long. Any attempt to change the industry is fobbed off.

Partially this is because the people expect a job candidate to know how the industry functions or the dynamics of the industry.

The second reason is people centric administration style in India. It is not necessarily process centric. If the systems and processes are strong, a person with the average plus grasping power works efficiently. However, this is not the case in India.

I know a case wherein a woman worked for long in HR. When her husband was deputed to work in the US, she too accompanied him. However, in the US she worked in the Logistic Department. When I asked how she could work effectively, she told me that how one should work, how one's performance will be measured etc., is well documented. One has just to follow a proces manual. India, such cross-functional recruitment is unthinkable. In fact people may consider it as opprobrium.

Anyway, if you are from HR or any other function, develop your competence in analytics. Analytics is almost common across the industries. Secondly, those who praise themselves for being not good in numbers will not compete with you. Hence the fewer competition.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.