Anonymous

Dear Khusbu
Termination without notice is not possible. They must issue a show cause notice on the basis of your appointment letter. If you have an appointment letter in your hand, go through it, whether they have mentioned the notice period or not. If notice period is mentioned, you can ask them or approach any lawyer.
Regards
Mano Kavin

From India, Coimbatore
joebirdy@gmail.com
sir, similar case has happened with me and other 5. we have been terminated from our jobs without any specific reason,with one months notice. it has been 15 years -25 years since we have been working with this company.
i wanted to ask your good self that can they terminate the employee without giving any valid reason for termination. is there any law regarding a check on it.
Also pls note that our company is tittled as Sick unit.
kind regards: Ms singh

From India, Patiala
jituraj1518
if company terminate to employee without giving reason say that you have to terminate you could not come tomorrow and give one terminate letter then what compensations employee will find if he completed 20 years in service and his age is on the termination 52 years
From India, Indore
KARTIK CHANDRA DUTTA

Dear Mr. Rakesh 0022
In case of retrenchment of work man or junior level staff employer has to pay compensation and notice pay etc.
Incase of supervisory and managerial staff employer has to fulfill the terms and conditions of employment which mentioned in Appointment Letter.
In general practice it has been observed that employer is terminating the employee by giving one month notice pay to the employee.

From India, Mumbai
Vasant Nair

Yes, an employer can terminate the services of an employee without giving notice or any reasons.
The action of the employer, whether lawful or not is another matter and can only be decided by a court of appropriate jurisdiction.
Best Wishes,
Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
CaPulkit

Yes if the agreement say so. Appointment letter normally gives the termination conditions.
From India, Bangalore
anish_desai1@yahoo.com
i am working as a RSM in company . my directors disliked me opposing to their wrong leave policy so they sent me one mail stating to do some sales task within 15 days and put one line at the end "Failing to do so on or before 20th September, we may ask you to leave".
Now on 19th they verbally told me that you are fired, and they didn't gave me any notice.
They are suppose to give 15 days notice for my job retirement but they r treating that mail as termination notice.
is this legally valid? How can I get proper notice of 15 days & salary for that?

From India, Mumbai
MANOKAVIN

Hai It is 100% ILLEGAL. Yes, Employee can go to labour court against Employer. Manokavi
From India, Coimbatore
MANOKAVIN

Hai It is 100% Illegal. Employee can fine case in Labour court. MANOKAVIN
From India, Coimbatore
kamal143
Mr Khola,
Can you advise me in my case as well.
I was working as HR- Senior manager for company in Manesar for past 11.5 months.
But the managing director issued me termination letter last monday without any proper notice.
It was given in a plan paper and not even on a letter head of the company. All the reasons mentioend are baseless as they have cited totally on behavioral issues.
Also he has sent a mail company wide stating that we are terminating this employee due to behavioral issue as it was affecting the decorum of the office.
There was no verbal or written warning or notice given to me earlier about the points mentioned in the offer letter.
What legal option do i have here?
Can i file a case for unjustified termination and defamation as well as he has sent mail company wide.

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.