No Tags Found!

Ash Mathew

Hi Sangeeta,

I feel that IT recruitments are more technical, and it will usually take time for a non-IT recruiter to get used to the IT recruitment area. So you could always highlight the interviewer that - you have the core ability to identify even technical profiles and interview them, non IT should never be an issue for you.

Because as far as Recruitments are considered, its the "ability" and art of interviewing to find the candidate with tehright attitude and pre screening on the desired area of exposure. Teh rest is left to the hands of the Hiring Manager (or individual dept heads).

And - being an IT recruiter myself during my initial career run stage, I know that the way of working is more structured, and this can help in making the recruitment process systematic and in line with the company needs.

Also - try highlighting the fact that dumping of resumes is never possible under IT recruitments - same practise will help you giving quality profiles for non-it field.

If you have a fear and lack on confidence that you don have hands on experience on the field - neither will the interviewer have any confidence.

So Pep up!

From India, Madras
satyavani.m
Hi All,
Thanks a ton for your words of Hope.I would definitely try for extremely good performance in my next interview and try to know what exactly the interviewer is looking for.Also i'll apply for other opportunitites instead being jobles for long time.
Regards,
Sangeetha

From India, Hyderabad
satyavani.m
Thanks Asha!I understood your point.And i feel this is the right way of explaining the interviewer about my potential and ability to handle non IT.Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Regards,
Sangeetha:)

From India, Hyderabad
suraj.goodness
Dear Sangita
Please make sure in which Industry you want to go.
Know what skills is required to that related industry
Improve yourself as a related field
Improve confidence you are quick loss patiace person.
Regards
Surya.

From India, Delhi
srionline4all
Sangeetha,
I am a firm believer that Recruitment basic outline will remain the same, irrespective of you being in IT or Non-IT sector.... Probably you might want to project yourself in those lines...
If your core recruitment skills are good, I dont see why you shuold not be selected...
I do agree that Recession has its role to play in this kind of market...
But You should keep trying... All the Best...
Thanks,
Srikanth G

From India, Hyderabad
dirisalaramakrishna

Hi,
generally it is an existing practice that candidates with exposure to IT Recruitments are not considered for non-IT recruitments. However some companies do not take this as a major constraint. Try to convince the employer with the kind of specialized recruiting skills you have, your acheivements in the previous role etc. My suggetsion is to try for an IT recruitment position since there are bunch of opportunities for that still.
Regards
Ramakrishna Dirisala

From India, Nellore
Deepa Surakattula

Dear Sangeetha,
I personally believe that as a true recruiter, a person should be able to work on any kind of requirement. The key step is we have to keep educating ourselves on the areas, which are not related to us also.
Take, for example in my place of work my role changes every now & then- Sometimes into IT & Some times Non IT.. you should pull out the guidance from your friends who hale from a Non IT background & present that Guidance in your interviews.
As far as the success is concerned, it will automatically come if we gain some expertise-which again comes again through series of small steps of failure only. So dont feel disheartened.
Keep going
Deepa

From India, Hyderabad
chakrapanips
Hi Sangeetha,
There is no difference in IT and Non IT. Recruiter need to understand the Job description and able to communicate to the candidte and convince them to make them intersted to look at the opportunity.
Dont worry that you didnot get through in the interviews, you will definetly get a job in soon and reply me when u get a job.
Chakrapani

From India, New Delhi
Amit27
Hi satyvani,
I am going for an interview tomorrow for Sr.IT Recruiter.what are the questions they might ask me as IT Recruiter.I am having 2 yrs of experiance in Placement.as you r having 3yrs experiance in this field.could you please help in this regard.

From India, Pune
hr.murugeswari@gmail.com
Hi Sangeetha,
Dont lose hope.Keep yourself updated.Learn from your interviews.what you are saying is true companies are not hiring senior guys, since they can easily hire good talents at a low cost in this recessionary market.
And also never leave a job without one or offers in hand its a basic thumb rule for everyone.
Keep trying and keep on trying.Share me your updated profile to this email id if possible will catch you with good opening.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.