No Tags Found!

sunil jogdeo

Good sharing. Just to add, in economics the term `labor` is used for all economic activities (earning for livelihood)and includes all physical and mental efforts taken by human. Hence the reward to labor that is `wages` also includes wages salaries, fees, commissions and all. In short, we all are `labor` as per economics.
From India, Mumbai
Prafulla K Acharya

who works with H,H & H may not be a professional. He or she may be an ideal worker with full commitment enjoing the work as play.
Professional is the person who is engaged in a profession with high education, training and skill to perform that specific activity.
The meaning of profession as per Oxford Dictionary is " a type of job that needs special training or skill especially one that needs a high level of education-the medical, legal, teaching & training etc.
Professional -"who is connected with a job that needs special traininf or skill, especially one that needs a high level of education".
I suggest people to be more careful before writing any thing in this forum.
Thanking for atleast using this forum to learn and share professionally.
Er. Prafulla K Acharya, Ph.D. in HRD & Mgt (IIT-Kgp), Director and Chief Faculty, PPC(LLP):PRAGYAN PRODUCTIVITY CENTER ( Life Long Learning Provider ) , , cell-+919437022040

From India, Bhubaneswar
avsjai

The correct definition of Professional is rightly given by our member Er.Prafulla K.Acharya and I will be pleased to redefine the post as given under:
A man who works with his hands is a LABOURER.
A man who works with his hands his brain is a CRAFTSMAN.
A man who works with his hands,his brain and his heart is a ARTIST.

From India, Madras
preetpal@hotmail.com
Dear AVS Jai,
Did you mean an Artisan, instead of an Artist? Excuse me for dissenting, but bear in mind that I am an Engineer too, same as Mr.Acharya.
Sorry Mr.Acharya, but I personally like AVS's first quote better. Regardless of what the dictionary says. An education doesnt have to be a formal one only. A person who has spent years learning various nuances of something, and put his heart into it, is educated enough.
I have known people who lack formal high education, but are in senior positions doing a great professional and even management work.
A quote like the one that AVS first gave also has the privilege of poetic license. It doesn't have to be strictly as per the dictionary.
It was to have an understanding of such matters that we used to have a subject called "Humanities" in our 5 years Engineering course back in 1971-76.

From India, New Delhi
avsjai

Dear Preetpal
Greetings.
Thank you for your valuable comments.
As the word Artisan too referes to a person who works with hand,I have made the word 'Artist' which refers to a person who perform any creative things generally a art.
As Management is partly an Art it can even mean a Professional.
I am glad thay my post has inspired our members to give their comments.
In process two thoughts are evolved now which is very positive.
Thank you for active participation.

From India, Madras
Prafulla K Acharya

I agree with Mr Preetpal that without formal education/degree one can become highly knowledgeable and included in the domain of Professisonal. i had the privilege of working under Rusi Modi the illustrious MD of TATA STEEL who had only reach working experience with people and works of Jamshedpur with little so called degrees. He was very successful during those days in our country. Honda and Edition had no degree, but they were great achievers. We know many such great persons with out so called high education as per the dictionary.
My special THANKS to Mr AVS for opening this topic wher I could not resist from replying
Regards to all members of this forum,
P K Acharya

From India, Bhubaneswar
avsjai

Dear Er.P.K Acharya
Happy moring Sir.
Thank you for sharing your rich experience with us.
In fact I am more thankful to you for initiating a constructive and meaningful debate to my post.
Have a great YEAR end 2011.

From India, Madras
preetpal@hotmail.com
My respects Mr.Acharya. A person to be admired is he who will accept another's viewpoint that may initially dissent from his own, and then also build upon it.
Cheers AVS, for such a nice moderation of your post.
Happy New Year.

From India, New Delhi
avsjai

Dear Er.P.K Acharya and Preetpal
I am really touched by the words of Preetpal and thank him for the same.
What a year end this may be in getting all of us closer and understanding each other?
Kudos to the professionalism shown by all of us.
Cheers and have a wonderful New Year 2012.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.