janet120120

here is an another article which i think you like it it is from stevepavlina.com and the article is here :

Stepping Outside Your Comfort Zone

It can be difficult to say yes when someone asks you to step outside your comfort zone. Your comfort zone is familiar and cozy. It's safe and easy. You know what to expect. If you step outside it, who knows what might happen? Anything is possible. Things could go very badly. Do you really want to take that kind of risk? Why bother?

Saying Yes

I remember the first time I did a radio interview. It was about 10 years ago, and I was invited to talk about my computer games business for a small radio station. I didn't know what to expect, so I wasn't sure if I should do it. I said yes because I figured it would at least be a new experience for me. I felt a little anxious though. My mind started picturing all sorts of scenarios of how the interview might turn out. What if he asks me a question I can't answer? What if I give incoherent answers? What if I start rambling, and he has to cut me off? I didn't know what questions would be asked, so I couldn't really prepare for it.

The interview was less than 10 minutes long, so we didn't go into much depth, but it went okay. It felt good to do something I'd never done before.

The next time I was asked to do a radio interview, it was easier to agree to it. I'd already done it once, so how hard could it be to do it again? I said yes, and once again it went okay.

Further down the road, I got invites to do some newspaper and magazine interviews as well. And again I said yes. At one point the New York Times ran an article about successful indie games businesses. They featured me and one of my games in the piece and sent a photographer to my house to do a photo shoot for it. At the time I thought it was pretty cool to have my photo published in a major newspaper. It didn't do anything special for my business, but it was a nice motivational boost.

I kept saying yes to interviews. When I started my personal development blog in 2004, I started getting more interview requests. For the first few years, I probably did 1-2 interviews per month on average.

Then when my book came out in October 2008, I quickly started getting a lot more interview requests, mostly for radio and Internet radio shows. For a while I was doing 5-6 interviews per week, and then it slowly tapered off to about 1-2 per week. I've probably done at least 100 interviews in the past year. That's ironic in a way because my blog is still way more popular than my book (by a few orders of magnitude), but being a published author is seen as more credible in certain circles than having a high traffic website.

Since I write and speak about many different topics, I get interview requests on a wide variety of subjects -- personal growth, my book, relationships, health, raw food diet, the Law of Attraction, habit change, career development, financial abundance, spirituality, blogging, Internet marketing, starting and running a business, working from home, time management and productivity, and lots more. I even did an interview a few weeks ago where we talked about shoplifting for 30 minutes. I quite enjoy the variety. I think I'd be pulling my hair out if every interview was about the exact same thing.

This week I did two interviews: a 75-minute phone interview on blogging for a live webinar and a 40-minute in-person video interview on psychic development. Erin and I did the second interview together.

At one point doing interviews was outside my comfort zone. The first time was a stretch. It didn't feel comfortable or safe.

Fast forward 10 years though, and doing interviews is easily within my comfort zone, even if it's for a live audience of millions. It's easy because I've done it so many times before. The unknown has become the known.

Several years ago, I preferred to get the interview questions in advance (for a live or taped interview), since then I could prepare. But now I ask the interviewer not to send me the questions in advance. I prefer to go into it not knowing what to expect, so I can be more present and spontaneous. Having the questions in advance spoils the fun.

Years ago I favored written interviews since then I could take the time to craft intelligent answers. But now I'd much rather do phone or face-to-face interviews. They're a lot faster and a lot more fun.

Looking back, it's hard to imagine that I was once trepidatious about doing interviews, especially since I enjoy them and look forward to them. If I never stepped outside my comfort zone, I'd be missing out a lot of fun. Some part of me would have remained grossly underdeveloped.

Now when I do interviews, I can often tell when the person interviewing me feels a little uncomfortable or nervous. Many times I have more experience doing interviews than they do. If they seem a bit hesitant or robotic, I try to put them at ease and draw them out a little more by prompting them for reactions. Even though I'm the one being interviewed, I've learned how to interact creatively with the show hosts to stimulate more lively and interesting discussion for the listeners. That's quite a shift from where I was 10 years ago, and it all began with making the decision to step outside my comfort zone.

Taking the Plunge

Saying yes to that first step can be very difficult. We have a tendency to fear the unknown. The mysterious seems like it could be dangerous. In most cases, however, there's very little real danger.

Where are the edges of your comfort zone? What areas of potential growth do you think about constantly, but you feel very anxious about taking that first step? If you keep obsessing over it, that's a pretty clear sign that it's important to you. Can you envision a place where the unknown eventually becomes the known, and what was once scary to you eventually becomes fun?

Accept that you may be a bit scared and nervous, and say yes anyway. Once you commit yourself to stepping beyond your comfort zone, you may feel more stressed at first. You may even be freaked out for a while after hearing the word yes escape your lips. But making some kind of commitment is key. When you commit yourself to taking a step beyond your comfort zone, you're giving yourself an incredible gift of growth. Your potential will grow, and your boundaries will expand. Things that were once impossible for you will gradually become possible... then probable... then certain.

One of the best ways to commit yourself is to sign up for a club, group, or activity where you're expected to show up regularly. If you show up for it, you know you'll be pushed beyond your comfort zone, and you will make gains over time.

If you fear public speaking, join Toastmasters International, and start going to club meetings. If you're afraid of looking like a fool and having people laugh at you, join a local improv group. If you feel clumsy and awkward on a dance floor, sign up for a dance class. Make some kind of commitment whereby just showing up will push you to face your fears and grow past them.

Keep It Spicy

When you do something often enough, and it loses most of the mystery, it can become rather boring, even if you were once deathly afraid of it. In those situations it's up to you to keep increasing the challenge to create new growth experiences. Turn it into a game, and have fun with it.

Earlier today I went with Erin to her Toastmasters club to watch her give a speech. She's given many speeches at that club, but this time she was doing a new speech project unlike any she'd done previously. Her assignment was to tell a touching story that would impact the audience emotionally. She picked a story from when she was 12 years old and she discovered that a girl in her school was being physically abused. (The full story can be found on Erin's blog right here.)

Since Erin never gave a speech about such an emotional topic before, it was hard for her to stay emotionally connected to the story without breaking down in tears. This kind of speech was outside her comfort zone, so she was nervous about it.

As Erin gave the speech, she got very emotional at certain points and began to cry, but instead of that being a problem, it only made the speech more impactful. The audience was deeply moved by the story, and many were wiping tears off their cheeks by the time Erin was done. Erin received many compliments from audience members afterwards.

Before the speech, however, Erin was having second thoughts. She asked, "Why did I volunteer to do this? I don't feel good about this." But afterwards, she felt elated. She was glad to have had the experience, and since then she's been basking in that after-speech glow.

Life will occasionally nudge you in certain directions, but most of the time it's up to you to step outside your comfort zone. If you stay inside your comfort zone for too long, you'll begin to feel bored, apathetic, and disconnected. Life will feel like it doesn't have much meaning. But when you push yourself to stretch boldly into the unknown, your senses light up, you become more centered and aware, you discover new talents, and you have a lot more fun in life.

Pick a Fear and Run Straight at It

Occasionally people contact me who are bored with their lives and don't feel passionate about anything, and they ask me what to do. I often tell them to pick a fear and run straight at it. I encourage you to do the same. Pick a fear, and run straight at it -- even if your pace looks more like a slow crawl. Move toward something that scares you. Your fears are the keys that unlock tremendous growth experiences.

You didn't come here to hibernate. You came here to soar. But soaring may feel very uncomfortable if you're used to hibernating. Don't mistake that initial feeling of discomfort for something you should avoid. Take it as a signal that you've found something that really matters to you, and then pour your heart and soul into its pursuit.

From India, Madras
Prads82
Dear Janet, Its indeed an inspiring post. Also it provokes you to get out of your comfort zone and look around for new challenges. Regards, Pradnya

janet120120

thanks Pradnya for motivating me. it is really true that one has to live outside of comfort zone. it is pain at the present moment but in future we are growing at a very high speed. janet smith
From India, Madras
janet120120

this is a book about the depression and how to deal with it. if anybody dealing with the depression and having the symptoms of the depression or looking to find out is he really is suffering from the depression than please read this book. hope you like this book.
Understanding Depression
the details are given below :-
Amazon.com: Understanding Depression, 2d ed. (9780786435425): Paul R. Robbins: Books
the download link is given below :-
<link outdated-removed> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
janet smith

From India, Madras
arvind_ranganathan

Dear Janet
T is for the trust the pilgrims had so many years ago
H is for the harvest the settlers learnt to grow
A is for America, the land in which we live
N is for nature and beauty which she gives
K is for kindness, gentle words, thoughtful deeds
S is for smiles, the sunshine everyone needs
G is for gratitude... our blessings big and small
I is for ideas, letting wisdom grow tall
V is for voices, singing, laughing, always caring
I is for Indians, who taught them about sharing
N is for neighbors, across the street, over the sea
G is for giving of myself to make a better me
Arvind

From India, Coimbatore
sanjay71
hello friends my name is sanjay sharma and i am from delhi, india. i think you know about the sedona method and its effectiveness. and if you do not know about this than please google it and you come to know about its effectiveness. it is so effective that after using within 5 minutes you started to feel the change in your mind. it is really helpfull in depression and tension. in office we always find that there are so much tension and we do not know how can we just remove this tension.

that is why i am providing you a link where this course can be downloaded at free of cost. certainly it is not from the sedona.com but an another site which is based on the sedona method.

please download it and feel the difference in tension within 5 minutes. i am not getting any commission from this. i use this and i know its effectiveness. and that is why i am sharing with you. janet show a very good and rare thread in which i can help a lot of people. so here is the link.

Login

this url take you to the page where you can sign for the membership of the forum. it require only your email address with username and password after registering with the forum it will take you to the audio course along with the ebook.

sanjay sharma, india

From India, Delhi
jigloria

Some of the materials are just like that of the Law of Attraction. Just like in the ebook of THE SECRET.
From Philippines, Dadiangas
janet120120

thanks for your feedback and help me to serve you better.

here is an another article which i like most. please look it to the article.

About a month ago, I met a friendly and interesting person named Josh Hanagarne who casually walked right into success in under half a year. Josh is the author of a relatively new blog called “World’s Strongest Librarian.” He writes about various topics including literature, strength training, philosophy, and anything else that comes to his mind to discuss. He started the blog simply because he loved the idea of writing about his interests. He didn’t have any objective to do much more than that.

When he launched his website earlier this year, Josh had no audience. In a little under 5 months time, he has achieved what countless other aspiring bloggers across the world only dream about. He has written guest posts for several of the biggest blogs on the internet, grown his subscriber base at an alarming rate, and even caught the attention of best-selling author Seth Godin’s literary agent and is currently negotiating a possible book deal.

Over 90% of bloggers on the internet do not achieve any of those things even after years of work.

Most anyone would agree that Josh has been, and continues to be successful at what he does. So what does he know that so many others don’t? Is there some amazing secret to his success?

No, there isn’t.

Even though Josh can now be considered part of a very low percentage of people who blog “successfully,” there really are no secrets to his success. The fact is, success isn’t really about knowing secrets. What it boils down to is simply taking appropriate action. And that’s what he did.

Of course, success is a subjective concept. The definition and measure of success is different for every person. But the fact remains that the only real difference between people who are considered successful and people who are considered unsuccessful—regardless of the definition or measure—is this:

Successful people take appropriate action.

Unsuccessful people do not.

I’d like to clarify something though. There are lots of people who take all kinds of action but still fall short of success. The keyword here is not action, but rather appropriate action. There is a difference. I’ve personally had a lot of experience in the past taking action until I was physically exhausted and achieving little to no success afterwards.

My actions were not appropriate, they were only actions.

What is appropriate action?

Appropriate action is different for every circumstance. There is no standard. What is appropriate for one person at one time may not necessarily be appropriate for another. Sometimes, appropriate action may be doing nothing at all. Other times, appropriate action may entail physical labor. The key is really just recognizing what should be done, how it should be done, and when to do it. It’s a very simple formula.

So why do so many people fail if it’s simple?

Statistics show that 80% of people don’t even set goals or objectives for themselves. They don’t even give themselves a chance to succeed because they fail to take the very first appropriate action: deciding on something to succeed at.

What was Josh’s goal when he started his blog? In his own words, his goal was this:

“My main goal is not to bore myself…or you.”

It might not seem like much, but he beat out 80% of the population just by having a goal in the first place. As it turns out, acting appropriately on it has paid off quite nicely for him in other respects.

So what about the people who do set goals? Of the 20% that do, the vast majority of them fail to take appropriate action to achieve their goals. This of course leaves a very small percentage of people who succeed, not because they know secrets, but because they simply follow through.

What kind of appropriate action did Josh take to achieve his goal? He simply did what he thought was necessary to keep himself and his readers interested. Opportunities presented themselves along the way, and he acted on them accordingly. Pretty simple, right?

That’s really the name of the game. Choose an objective, and act appropriately to achieve it.

So where does all the difficulty come in?

The difficulty comes in when our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and emotions get involved. That’s what seemingly turns everything on its head. The limitations we carry with us both consciously and subconsciously end up collectively being our achilles heel. This happens in countless ways, but one big one is that we can end up not taking action at all or taking very inappropriate action which actually hurts our chances for success. Fortunately, the Sedona Method is the perfect tool to blast through this.

Achieving success with the Sedona Method

In early August I created a questionnaire to learn more about you and other members of the BloomVerse community so that I could better serve everyone. The response has been great, and I’ve learned a lot of very interesting information. If you haven’t taken it yet, the link is below. It only takes a second and your feedback is very helpful because it enables me to provide you with solutions to your problems. In fact, based on the feedback from the questionnaire, I’ve already started creating one of those solutions (which I’m getting ready to tell you about).

Click here to take the questionnaire

I found that the majority of those who responded to the questionnaire have a desire to use the Sedona Method to improve their level of success with goals and other endeavors in life. This was not surprising to me because statistically, the vast majority of people on our planet do not consider themselves successful. The numbers I shared before give an indication as to why this is.

But I know firsthand the struggles that can arise in trying to succeed. I used to make everything I worked on extremely difficult for myself. Just the process of setting a goal used to be exhausting. And taking action afterwards was even worse. For every ounce of success I had, there were tons of effort put into getting there. The trade-off between effort and return was hugely off-balance. This may seem familiar to you.

The reason for this is that regardless of what you consider to be success, the roadblocks you see in your path are the same as everyone else’s. Whether your objective is to learn a musical instrument, set off on a new career path, or launch a profitable business, your perceived obstacles are nothing more than concepts of limitation. There is nothing else standing in your way.

The Sedona Method is the most powerful technique you can use to blast through all of those obstacles that you think are standing in the way of you and your success. I’m currently creating an online workshop that will show you exactly how to do this too. I’m compiling techniques that I’ve personally used as well as techniques I’ve helped clients with that create real results. Along the way I'll be telling you about a lot of these techniques, how they've worked for me, and how to incorporate them for yourself. I will be providing more information on all of that in the near future. For now, I’d like to ask you something.

Tell me about what’s standing in your way

To make this workshop more effective for you, I’d like to hear from you. Can you share with me what you feel like your biggest roadblocks to success are? What is standing in your way?

Just click reply and let me know. I’ll include a technique in the workshop that specifically addresses your concern.

Talk with you soon,

-Craig

Welcome to BloomVerse

From India, Madras
ShikhaTunaak

Thank you Janet for posting these links. You have contributed in a big way. The audio books are reallly good. I am glad I saw this post. Regards Shikha
From India, Bangalore
abhishekbaba555
hello mam, can i get information about 'what are the qualities which a hr guy should possess.this will help me a lot in my studies.
From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.