No Tags Found!

YGeeta

Hi Anuradha
In this topic we have dealt at length about company processes - how they should be and what management and HR can do, really I am happy that so many people have bothered to take time and share their valuable opinion.
What you are raising is individual issues,I have been lucky to work with boss whom I respected for their knowledge,decision making capabilities and also have been lucky to work with business heads,somehow throughout my career never had the opportunity to work under a senior HR pro. All my knowledge is from my hard work,or advise from the business leaders...so I can't really help if you got a low quality boss.
But you start it under a new thread, so many people will reach out to help you.
Thanks
Geeta

From Korea, Seoul
manpreetdgreat

Hi Anuradha!!

This is in opinion to your last post.

I worked for an year after completing my B-tech, therein I faced such situation as I was a fresher at that time.

My boss was very skeptical about assigning tasks to the newbies, whereas new joinees are in same boat as that of a newly wed bahu, they always look for guidance, support, motivation, encouragement from their superiors.

However, then I thought if such situation persist for long I would become dull, then what I did I used to go to my boss and asked him to give me work.

I started asking him my doubts, tried to show him my interest for work.

Later, what i realised my boss wasn't confident at all on his employees, there was only one guy whom he used to trust for work, remaining were fools to him.

When i showed him my zeal and interest to learn, he attached me with that guy whom he used to trust.

Thanks to that guy, he developed more confidence on me than my boss and he started handing over me the work.

Subsequently, after five six months or so the branch head recognised my work and he directly made me work under him on an international project.

Therefore, What i am trying to focus is that sometimes we have to find our ways out to deal with such situations.

As u have mentioned boss lacks confidence, same was my case, what u do is directly go to him ask him for the work, show him the entusiam and zeal, give new ideas to him regarding work. If you wont share it with your boss, he will never come to know, what all you are going through.

Go for it Anuradha!!

Awaiting your reply!!

Happy times to you!!

Manpreet Kaur

From India, Chandigarh
priti@hepaticatech

hi every good one to discuss,
So even i want to share to discuss an incident we are a small engineering firm and i usually or u can say everyday interacts with the people and inform my management about their worries but few months back when i went on leaves one of my employee left and stated that HR has cheated him and got sign on papers without his knowledge.
My management was aware of everything so they said him to wait for few days once she will be we will discuss the things but he was not ready to listen anyone and left . in the same batch i recruited 10 people so after coming back i called them all as well my management and asked them all the things i told them on first day , they all said that they are aware of all things and nothing is hidden from them.
IN this situation management always backed me but still it feels bad that he said HR cheated him.

From India, Bangalore
Shree1584
Hello Sir,
I and my colleagues are facing the same problem. We all are too frustrated because of our immediate boss. He is not at all supporting nor guiding. Appraising for a good work is far too beyond. He just gives us suggestions & not able to take decisions fast. Its too frustrating as the work gets slow due to it.
Our other managers also know about the same, at times they support us. But still no action is taken against him even after complaining
Now I have completed my 1yr in some months will get confirmed. But I am planning to leave. Please guide me.
Regards
Shreyas.

From India, Mumbai
shree7s
Nice topic :) . I am not a HR Professional. But I can cite one incident where the leaders fails to identify the skills of the individuals working in the company. Reason ??? lack of proper communication. Lack of clarity and lack of focus.
They follow a method of collecting information about team members from their favorite guys. Now these guys are providing misleading information about others and they creates an impression that they are the only one who works hard and others are just wasting the time and money of the company.
Now during performance appraisal none of the other guys were even considered for a hike or promotion because of the wrong picture and the trusted guys bags nice hike and/or promotion.
Other members got demotivated and started to leave the company and after around 50 - 60 resignations, one of the management guys says that they still don't understand what went wrong :D .
So what went wrong here ?? :D

latha123
hi,
"What to do when employees start acting weird and showing signs of unhappiness "
Very good article!!
Can u please let knoe the other practicle apparoch to address these issues!!. which are very common in professional life....
Thanks
Latha

From India, Bangalore
YGeeta

Yes,

This is very true and possible in any company to happen. A company is best managed when it follows an open door policy - means any one can approach any senior at a time mutually agrreed and accepted time.It does not follow hierarchy very strictly.Though employees must follow the process of escalation as expected but if an employee feels that his grievances can be addressed by a particular senior then he must have access to that senior after exhausting all escalation channels. Also if the key people maintain transparency in their decisions/relationships with all concerned, keep their eyes and ears open then they can observe lot of relational dynamics happening around.

A senior instead of enjoying one employee back biting another senior in front of him, tries to justify his actions then office politics can be minimised.He may check out and pass the feedback to the other senior at a later time but in front of junior employees all senior employees must maintain a professional dignity.

It depends a lot on core people to what extent they can inculcate transparency in the company culture.

From Korea, Seoul
shree7s
That true..but how can the senior identify if one employee is back biting another if there is no proper method to validate the feedback ? What will be the outcome of a decission made on a false information ? . There are times when HR department doesnt come into picture at all. The end result will be a demotivated employee.
So I think it not just about communication.. Its all about "proper communication". The best part comes when the employee loses belief in management and loses his focus. :D

sanjaykaushik

Very nice posting...these traits/signs mentioned here can be the situational, arising from the situations like work, salary, environment, boss or any other reason.
The other part of the story is that these traits/signs could be permanent quality of some employees irrespective of situation around and these employees can work as a drain of resources. They can be termed as 'Difficult employees'.
I also have write a blog on this named as 'Are you the proverbial difficult employee', you can search it on citehr.
you also can read at <link outdated-removed> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )
please give your views:):)
Regards,
Sanjay

From India, Delhi
shubha warrier
Hi
I would like to share my viewpoint on this issue.............it is very apparent that these days we have unsatisfied employees ........and most of the employees leave the job not because they dislike the job but they cannot tolerate their boss.........
It is the most common human tendency to yearn for importance and recognitions ......when ppl are spending a huge chunk of time at office why dont we create an environment where in they feel important and recognized for their efforts..................Its not a big task for an efficient manager ,he/she can very well make the employees feel important by their dealings..............and the best part " listening".........you cannot give a better gift to an employee rather than listening to them.
Regards,
Shubha .S.Varier

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.