nipuna

Dear all,
this is the tough situation that I am facing now days.
I am working in a big sized manufacturing company from last one year as a HR executive. At the time of joining the manager said that I have to handle 80% of Hr role and 20% of secraterial role. I agreed but after 2 months it was vice versa. I have complained a lot but all in vein. Every time they promise me that they will give me a hard core Hr profile but all promises are fake. Now one week back I have got a job in mid-sized KPO as a Hr executive with a very good profile. but now my present company is not accepting my resignation and they are saying that they will give me a good?Hr profile with a salary hike also.
I am very confused that what should I do, i have to join the new company or continue with the same company.
Dear seniors plz help me to take a right decision.

From India, Delhi
taton2006
Hi Nipuna,
If you are working in a big company i suggest you continue working there as 99% of the time the middle sized company will never give you the correct roles and responsibility as there are very high chances you will repent as what i am facing now.See if the managers promised you and you have shown them that you can switch they will take you seriously.I wonder what exactly you are doing it seems you are looking for HR generalist but in Manufacturing company there are lot of paper work.I would suggest dnt switch until and unless the company is as big as you are working.Big Company can give you career stability and growth

From India, Bangalore
shwe11

Hi Nipuna,
I completely agree with my dear frnd.....At times Big brand do help us when we look out for change but that should not be a hasty decision........
If they are not accepting your resignation and promises to give you the hike & role...then tell them to provide this in written stating wid effective date.....as in written would help you.....
I myself have suffered with this...Big promises but not worth.......Honestly I should suggest....that if new company is offering more than 40% hike only then there is point to shift......or else you should stick to the previous one ensure the written document.....
Wishing you the best for you new/existing ventures...

Thanks
Shweta Jaitly

From India, Coimbatore
nipuna

Dear Shweta & Taton,
I agree with your point, but another confusion is that the company where I got the offer is a US based KPO with employee strength of 300 and right now I am working in a big heavy industrial product manufacturing company. can you now suggest . one more thing that I am facing with this company is my sr. manager whom i report is totally don't support me at all. that is another reason for the change.
another thing shweta that my company is promising me to give hike and role but not agreed to give it on written.
Now can you help me taking decision.

From India, Delhi
shwe11

Nipuna....

I think if they didn't agree on giving the written confirmation then in my opinion you should move ahead...as you senior also doesn't support you.....
It will be the right decision to move on...but yes do consider you stability factor here.....
Since how long you have been working with your existing company....if more then 1 yrs then you can hop.......make sure when you leave you have valid experience & reliving letter........

Hope this answers your dilemma........

Thanks
Shweta Jaitly

From India, Coimbatore
shefali_scorpio1982
dear nipuna,
in my opinion, you should see the long term goals. first of all plan which profile gives you job satisfaction. if you are really seeking career in HR then move ahead with core HR profile which will help you in long run. you will learn. at the end of the day you should atleast have job satisfaction.

From India, New Delhi
ani_misti

HI,
I think u should go with new ooportunity (KPO) as now this industry has very good working opportunity.
and u have full right to work / leave that company.
in mfg industry u will get less challenging work compared to KPO (service industry)
Be firm and take decision as HR professional /not being emotional

From India, Gurgaon
Rajesh 2002
Hi,
Without giving second thought to ur decision you should change ur job.
If ur Boss is not supportive it means u are wasting ur time with a Boss like him
Second ,only after ur resignation they offer u salary hike + new profile, this indicates company is not good they have short term planning.

prathimareddy

hi nipuna,
since u said u r working for a big concern i suggest ur present company hr to give u the detailed KRA and the revised salary structure before saying no to the offer u have in ur hand.
If u r satisfied with the profile and salary then u can continue working for the company else u can take the offer in ur hand... let ur present company hr understand what is ur expectations of the job.

From India, New Delhi
sambhav87
i am from IT background and want some projects and case studies ppt for pgdim presentations requirement.please post the same ,also please provide me some notes and e-book links for
1. manegerial economics
2. international business environment
3. international business finance
4. international marketing

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.