plesehelp
well, I handle a one man support function which is a small one with very less work. I am very much interested in doing some analytical work relating to our sales dept. which is wht I was promised and even after a year I am still on square one
From India, Mumbai
plesehelp
Can someone throw light on what kind of creativity can come out in a support function with hardly any interaction with outside/inside world
From India, Mumbai
fazelmd
Hey Friend ,
Dont worry this is a silly matter .People who side line are the once who are most insecured .Your boss must have identified certain key qualities which he is laging that could be one of the reason why people sideline.
A good leader is the one who will always be on the giving edge and will be contributing .

Identify your key strengths and improve upon your weakness .You have to be more assertive in proving your stand .

If you identify your strength you will gain confidence .Do little bit of exercise but not to scare your boss with your muscle but for you to gain confidence.

As mukesh suggested talk to him when he is in good mood and try to identify why he is behaving like that .

They are certain people who cannot handle the Managerial position because they lack he sipirit of sharing .

Remember the law of nature says "as you sow so shall you reap " what ever you give you will receive it back the same thing in no time .You just experience this by saying hellow to your collouge everyday day within a week u will receive many Hellows from many person it is true .

Identify your ASK and see whether are you a perfect fit to the job that you are handling else you need to identify a department where you are a perfect fit .
Regards
Fazel

moorthysan
It is quite natural and is happening in every organisation. I had also felt the same. I kept my cool and I am confident that if we have the ability to think positively, no one can stop us from growing.
From India, Mumbai
Manisha_21
Since you know what you wanted to do, the best solution would be to accept and look for the kind of profile you wanted and don’t get demotivated as this is not the end.
From India, Mumbai
bhardwaj_ch1

Attend interview and if you get an opportunity to other organization, means that org.has identify your capability and then see how current superior behaves with you. Dont depress..Bindas raho friend!!!!
From India, Ahmadabad
Handsome Trainer

HI friend:

Dont be bogged down with this scenario as it is very common feeling.
We feel we are underutilized thats because of following reasons
1. Expectation setting during the interview process.
2. Your objective in work
3. YOu values who is governing you more than your principle( ruled by Heart more than Head) Just my notion..
So having read most of your replies ( If i was in your shoes),here's something which i would have tried;

1. Try the best to create a space amongst the team.Dont get involved in any office politics and try to create a clean image in my office.Try and atleast win over a couple of friends.
2. :icon10:You will have to proove your unique ability to your team /Boss,which is of value to your team;Eg:a)Master skills in Excel;Ppt,any job related to your functional profile.
3. try and provide some additional help to any of your friends so that they can socially acknowledge your help.
4. Be on time at work ,and proove your sincerity/dedication amongst your team.(refer point 1)
5. You can also try and sendnig all your team members including your bossa daily sitcom,nice quote, thought of the day etc.

You might also realize that if its a small setup and what if in actual there only less amount of wrk ,and if your boss thinks for your salary drawn the amoutn of your work is justified so be it...Enjoy the state and us the leisure time for your self development.:)

:icon1:Kudos
Handsome

From India, New Delhi
simirali

Dear pls help

All I can tell u from my experience that dont be rude to anyone in the office, everyday morning tell and promise yourself today I want to be happy let anything happens. dont get into any kind of argument, be polite. at home we all can talk however we like but office is our second house but dont think you should take everybody as your friend or enemy. put a musk on your face as smile, greet, politeness. listen to them u have 1 yr working experience only in that office but many of us give our 5 to 6 yrs in some company but we leave for good opportunity we dont even get enough respect before leaving so please try to understand. let anywork come to you think its a opportunity to show your skill. do it sincerely thats all I can tell u. All of us come from digfferent background and it takes time to get along with everybody. but each office has its own environment. follow it but dont sit quietly as you need to keep gaining experience. talk to your boss politely make him understand if possible remember their bday and wish them. this gives them impression how much importance u give them in your professional life.

seema

From India, Bangalore
smsulthan
First you shuld know about yourself. It is so easy by using SWOT analysis. Make your mind clear that you are strong on what you know.
Second, Know your KRAs and KPIs. Sketch your profile to meet the same.
Match KRAs with SWOT analysis.
You will find where you are lagging.
Concnetrate on the mismatching points and make yuorself to overcome this.
It seems your boss is an articualte not an orator. So, you should be very careful in your vocabulary. Try to understand his language style, mannerism and influence.
Change your attitude with others as supprotive. Get confident of your colleagues that you are suitable for the psoition. This will diminish your boss's theory on you.
Moreover, he should not realise that you are oversmarting
All the best
SMS

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
deepti1509
You can also try speaking to someone senior in the organisation with whom u share a gud apport or are comfortable with.Not only will he/she be able to give u advise on taklin this situation but also give u some insights on how to escalate the issue in the organisation if need be.
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.