smitar_msm@yahoo.co.in

Dear Seniors,
Plz help me . I am in fix. Problem is like one of our empoyees was sick since 11th April . He have been thru certain operation and was not in a position to work. He has intimate the same thru letters and now he wanted to join us as his docter has given the fitness report. but the higher authority does not want him to join so what shall i do.
Plz reply. It is urgent
smita

From India, Guwahati
Entrepreneur
Hi,
Are the higher athorities a part of your HR Team? It is very important for any HR to understand the culture and practicies of their organisation. Few are people centric and few focused towards work only. As an HR you bridge the company and the employees.
If their are pre defined rules of terminating an employees services if absent for a long period, then no thinking about it. If not the best thing is to discuss the matter and ask for clear reasons to your senious management for this action and proceed accordingly ...
Hope this helps
Thnks and regards,
Ravi Shah

From India, Bangalore
smitar_msm@yahoo.co.in

thanx a lot Mr Shah.
In actual in my company there is no HR Team and most of the decision comes from Management Committee and as such there is no circular for any long leave and moreover this is the first time I have faced such a problem because of Cost Cutting.
plz reply
Smita

From India, Guwahati
Entrepreneur
Oh well if cost cutting is the idea then I think theirs nothing you can do about it as these things would have been initiated from the top most level.
How old is the employee with your company? But make sure you provide a notice period or a compansation before you ask him to leave (Again depends upon your companies Terms & C with the employees)
The terms and conditions signed on the offer letter are very imp and should be back of your mind always. In situations like these they come very handy for judging an appropriate action

From India, Bangalore
smitar_msm@yahoo.co.in

thanx sir, The employee is working since may 08. and we have a notiece period of 15 days . smita
From India, Guwahati
HARIPILLAI

Dear Smitha
Again it depends upon the length of service & the approval of leave during the sick days. If the employee has produced valid medical certificates & fitness, you are bound to take him back to the employment. Get clarification from the management, on what ground they are refusing to take back the employee. It is un ethical to terminate the employee even though he has informed about the illness & produced the certificate.
Regards,
Harikumar

From India, Calcutta
Entrepreneur
No. What I mean is ... Check the Offer and terms and conditions signed by the employee and the company while his joining. Every compy have its own formalities while letting an employee go and must be mentioned in Termination of servicies or reliving section. Check that section to know how many days prior you need to inform the employee. Try to keep every thing in record and printable format. Involve supervisor on all stages as most of the times these kind of situation turn out to be very messy in the end.
Avoid terminating unless situation calls for.

From India, Bangalore
Entrepreneur
I asked you about the employees tenure because it plays a major factor in lay offs during cost cutting
From India, Bangalore
Entrepreneur
As per my understanding from Ms. Smithas comments, the management wants to relive the employee not because of long sick leaves but cost cutting. Regards Shah
From India, Bangalore
smitar_msm@yahoo.co.in

Dear Sir, The employee’s tenure in the organization is 1 year and he is working as Project Manager. Smita
From India, Guwahati
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.