No Tags Found!

sarini.sood
Hi Swapna
Its pretty confusing. Imean was the guy in a technical position or what? Coz in that case we have multiple orunds and test all skill sets as per our requirement. and what abt the line manager? was there a round with him before hiring the candidate?

From India, New Delhi
kadali ra0

Hi swapna
Usually, the selection board comprises HoD of the prospective candidate underwhom he has to work, for proper analysis of the candidate's skills etc,. Besides HR personnel, Finance man, Top management for Sr. post.
Selection is the collective effort. Blaming single is uncalled for.
krk rao

From India, Jaipur
saiprasad_hr87
Hi swapna
you have to send the candidates with ur superiors for final round / selection any hw its happen ,
u just fallow ur company rules take the help with ur coleagues and see the company norms and rules,
And what basis ur manager said he is not the correct person, and know in which area he is not suitable with ur manger and tell to the candidate improve himself and said to him if it is come to again i want to take decision according to the com norms.
I think so may be useful to u
Bye
takecare ALL THE BEST ONLY THE BEST

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
limaye.kedar

Dear Swapna,

As per procedure you have really very less time to judge the candidate. So your recrutiment policy should be very clear. It means there should be Personal Requistion or Position Sanction Note in which the required qualification and attributes should be clearly communicated to the HR dep. When HR dep. receives the CV it should forwared to the concerned dep. Head and after receiving the shortlisted Cv we should call candidates for the interview. HR should take first interview & if selected then interview should organised with the concerned dep. head where HR should present. If the candidate is selected by the HOD then offer can be given by the HR head after discussion with the Candidate.

I also want to share more things - if we follow all above or any other result oriented method and we selected a candidate and he joined us, but after one month we found that he is not upto the mark then WE SHOULD NOT TERMINATE HIM WITHOUT GIVING ENOUGH TIME AND GUIDANCE TO PROVE HIM. As we are HR professional its our duty to develop onces career, if any employee is having any problem then we should find out the reason and try to resolve it . If we terminate any employee without giving him time and guidence then how we could build a good image in the society, how we can get good resource. there may be some problem in the departmetn by which he can't perform well. So as a HR professionals we need to get a feeback from the employee, we need to give him some kind of training to update his knowledge. After giving all the above if still he is not upto the mark then we can ask that employee and we can terminate him.

With regards

Kedar

From India, Pune
loveislife

Hi
i agree with all,
But want to know that you are only person to be interviewed that candidate.

And second point is that one month is not enough to know about the abilities to perform because he recently switch the job and it must take some time to adjust in another job as well as in new culture,
Better to tell him properly about the job description and nature of job and what actually boss wants him to do!

Hope it helps

Regards
Sara Malik

From Pakistan, Lahore
sainath goud
hi swapna,
i dont hav great experience in hr.as i recently joined into this field.
but i can help in my way.
you might hav selected that candidate on merit of answers only right??
of course every one does the same.
but just tell your boss that he will improve give results.
in the mean time you tak a counselling session to him or an interview related to his work again.
sorry if i come wrong...
sai..

From India, Hyderabad
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

Hi Swapna,
As pointed out by our friends interviewing and finalizing a candidate is very critical task and after completion of this task hearing from our colleagues, Bosses is more painful. Experiencing all these finally in our organization we formed a committee consisitng of the HR facilitator, concerned HOD and two cross functional team member ( Ex: Warehouse postion the cross functional team member could be Finance Head, production / Engg Dept Head etc). HR will evaluate the candidate's communication skills, learning ability, attitude etc in addition to verifying his certufucates etc.
The entire interview evaluation will be documented and all the committee members will sign and the same will be filed along with the Job application and other related papers in his personal file.

I believe this will resolve your issues and we never / ever finalize any candidate with out obtaining the clearanace of the concerned HOD and also obtain our HOD signature also.
With regards - kameswarao.

From India, Hyderabad
Taru kaur

Hi Swapna,
One replied i have gone through, seems most grounded; such experiene can be benchmark to change.....
There could be several reasons apart from selection criteria; your manager might be biased about his performance or he might not be performing at par. First reason is far serious than next one. Leave it apart, just evaluate your shortlisting, screening and reference check processes.
Recruitment process should consist of Preliminary HR round, Written soft skill test, Written Technical/Functional test, Personal round with Technical guys and then Final round with Senior Management (HR or Tech)
Once you have done with selection, go for reference check, take down professional references from candidates. Contact them and ask as many questions as you can, spare close end questions.
Hope are you clear now..
Tc
Taru

From India, New Delhi
Taru kaur

Oops, i forgot to give you solution........
Go to your manager and listen to him completely what he says about this new hire. Do not argue with him, just ask for solution at this point of time. He would definitely come with one or two ideas where one will be negative i am sure.
Just go with positive one if he suggests otherwise advise him to put him on performace measures. Counsel that employee, let him realise where he is wrong and what would be consequencies if he would not able to deliver in next....... days.
This will surely give you positive results.
Regards,
Taru

From India, New Delhi
rajesh_veer

Hi
Swapna,
Simply u did recruitment on the basis of S.R.F. You hv system of that, if yes then no issue, and try ur self why manager asking that question and understand that, if peformance is no good of candidate, simply u terminate that candidate by simple notice, if candidate in under probation period. if confirmed discuss with candidate and simply brief for notice of one month and take a resignation of him or her.

From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.