abhjit_HR
My Virtual friend Jasmeet,
As I am from BPO-Telecom/Outsourced industry where I had to Listen my Directors & Clients also ; so I used to address this sort of impass situation as SANDWICH POSITION.Be a self guided missile in this regard.
As both of your RSM and Parent company are not following the legal
side of HR Dept concerning Maternity Leave ; please go with the flow
and remember the word JOB ( Just Obey Boss).
Now the question is whoom to follow?
My answer is , Loosing 7 days ask your RSM to provide an experienced CRM for that postion and in case he succeed to provied the same ask your Parent company that it was RSM's choice.
Act and pretend as per situational needs.
Regards,
Abhijit Goswami......from Kolkata

Siva Balamurugan

Dear Jasmeet,
Your posting indicates that there seems to be dual reporting for you, which is of course a delicate and complicated one. Rather than finding out a solution to your problem you are worried to satisfy your bosses.
Please understand that maternity leave is a statutory one and you can not terminate any one during the course of their maternity leave. No doubt you can seek for a temporary posting for the span of her maternity leave. Incase she does not report even after exhausting her entitled leave you can extend the tenure of the temporary appointee. It is always better to engage a competitive person for any post so that you need not compromise on the quality of the job.
Please try to pursue your bosses and convince them to approve your proposal.
Thanks & Regards
Balamurugan Sivaprakasam
Head-HR, ICIL-MM Nagar

From India, Madras
jasmeet gill
Hello Seniors,
Thankyou so much for your valuable suggestions. I appreciate you have spend your precious time to think about my problem. I had a word with my boss & RSM & they managed to talk with each other & I am trying my best to convince them at my point.
Thankyou
Regards
Jasmeet

From India, Ludhiana
Neer300182

Dear Jasmeet,
Merry Christmas :)
You loyalty should be with company owner first as he is the owner of company and he has to pay the amount not ur RSM.Even ur RSm is also liable to answer your Company owner so according to me just follow what your company owner says...cos RSM can be changed in company but company owner cant be changed.

From India, New Delhi
Autumn Jane

The following is based on the assumption that the current CRM decides to leave the organization after maternity:-
Different industries have different practices. In the automotive industry, when the Principal parnter (in this case Ford) appoints a dealer, the dealer is expected to meet agreed KPIs. These KPIs usually includes meeting sales quota, service standards.....
The dealership appointment is not permanent. It is renewable depending on evaluation outcome based on how dealers meet these KPIs.
Your dilemma will not be solved by being loyal to the company boss that pays your salary or to ignore the RSM because he is an outsider or he is just a company employee. If you want to be a strategic HR, then you have to look at the big picture. As mentioned in my earlier post, your job now is to find a balanced solution - one that meet both the strategic intend of the business and the needs of different stakeholders - your boss, your RSM, HR, staff and even customers.
Regards
Autumn Jane

From Singapore, Singapore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.