pankajthyadi
Right said Cyril,
Well Maksood Explain ur pal that the Damn BPO is not the end of life. Quit the Job and Get a new one. A hardworking and Work oriented guy would defintely get some good offers.
Pankaj

From India, Hyderabad
uddhav_uvk

Hi Maksood,
This is good that your friend has come across this situation just in three months. Now understanding the organization culture and policies of the company, it is clear to have the standards of the organization. Such bosses and the environment will eat your skills and uses authority for their personnel need.
Your friend learnt a lot, now its time to do or move; ask your friend to have final words with management and if at all they are not listening, let him find some good job.
I am sure that he would get the same.
All the Best,
===Uddhav===

@Pune
+91-9822071614.

From India, Pune
sreekanth_vu
Hi Guys,
Pankaj and Cyril are right. This daman BPO is not the end of his life, but before leaving the organisation he should bring all that happend to him and around him to the notice of the CEO, if he is a truly professional man he will be patient enough to hear his story and come up with a better solution.
Let us hope for the best.
Regards,
Sree

From United States
rajani
Dear Friends,

By looking the above case study, i remembering my case also. Please see my problem also it is very similar to the above case.

I am working for a great MNC and joined 4 months ago as HR executive ( payroll).

From the day 1 i am overburdened with a lot of Backlock work which was pending for months, like pf settlements, f&f settlements, tax settlements etc... I was not provided with any kind of training.

After my induction period, i was put for filing and put as telephone operator to answer the existing & left employees for their pending issues.

They used to shout on me like anything.

One day one of my VPs asked for one peron who is in his dept, attendence and his leave details. I gave him what ever i got from my side after checking with my boss & my collegue. He rush to my palce asked me to show the details of the leaves.I shown him he same. But he said that he already gave leave application of that employee by approval for 28 days, in my records it was only for 2 days. Actually its with my boss, he kept in his draw. VP directly went my boss and explained the same.Without checking in his files he replied that his people are not that much capable to handle the things and he said he is also facing the problems by me.After few days my boss himself came and gave me one leave application of the employee which we are searching for and faced the problem for from VP.I took that and went VP and explained the same which was happened.

I dont know what happened,Now afer 4 months my Boss is asked me to resign otherwise he terminates me, he gave me two options, at the time MY CEO was not there, he was out of country( CEO likes me verymuch).

and my boss blames me of not taking enough initiatives in my tenure. and I am also spent half of the time on attempting to clear the backlocks unfortunetly all my initiatives get washed away.

Pls advise on my issue, I got resigned in the same day (coz he gave me two options one is resignation from my side and other is termination from his side).

Pls advise. :(

From India, Morvi
Abhishek Arun

These small companies are really bull shit!! they don't have the attitude but try to show off themselves as corporate.
No if 's n buts
WHY do anyone have any expectations still from this company???why should any one ask the poor chap to try to stick to this company!!!
nO MERCY TO BE SHOWN ,This is a Competitive world if any one want to help him, give him some leads for a new job
My suggestion is kick the job, the sooner u do the better is it for you ,for your career ,for your morale and self respect......
There are lots of opportunity nowdays if you have it in you!!
JUST BELIVE IN YOUR SELF/ABILITY N WORLD IS THERE FOR YOU

From India, Chicalim
smily

Hi,
I fully agree with Abhishek, he may sound blunt, but very practical.
We all are empathising with the guy, but sticking to the job is no option now. The self esteem for an individual is as important as the job, so I'll also suggest to leave this job as soon as possible.
COmpanies like this does not deserve people like your friend, who as mentioned is very hard working and sincere guy.
I'll try and provide the links for job.
Regards,
Nivedita

From Germany
rupa_bhatt

Hi Maksood ..

Very Depressing story indeed ..but well ..I have few points to suggest.

1)I believe ur Pal must be having three months of Salary slip...

It is enough to Prove he was employee of this Organisation.SO dont worry at that end.

2)your friend shouldnt keep Quite...By being Quite he is simply accepting the fact that he is responsible for everything ..

try and let him speak politely first (if he has already done that )

Theres no problem what so ever in him marking the mail at all levels in the heirarchy.Am sure they would then be ready to negotiate.

By escalting the matter he is not going to become bad ..because as it is they will not give good feedback if he leaves the job quitely..and at that time he will no means to prove that he was right

So he should fight escalate the matter to all the levels and heirachy..this is very much happening in BPO sections today.

And as rightly said ..There are ample of opportunity in market ... send his resume we shall try and search him a opening..

BUT DONT LEAVE THE WOUND UNCOVERED..finalise things before u leave.

Wht do u say guys /???

Regards

Rupa B

From India, Mumbai
rajani
Dear Niveditha, Abhishek & my dear friends,
I am Raji ( very similar case to that guy), but i worked for leading mnc and my boss is from IIM., I already left the company ( boss asked me to resign otherwise he terminates me), also i got two offers( offer letter not yet recieved but they said orally on phone), unfortunately one of that companies HR known that i already resigned,So he called up me on phone and said ur market value reduced now and he said he will call me again.
is he selected me or not., is it only my fault, why they are not looking from otherside of the coin.
I resigned in Sep month, still i am idle. Is it any harmful to my career.
Pls give me sugessions.
:(

From India, Morvi
maksood
yes, he is having the salary slips for the 3 months.

also, he has already spoken with his boss politely on this, it was not of much help.

also, his boss has used a dirty way to harm his self - esteem by telling him that so and so person is not having a good opinion about you to this my friendly assertively went and spoke to the concern person over the grievance and asked him his opinion about the way he work, to his surprise he said i hardly interacted with u how can i say my opinion about you.

It is really difficult to survive and work efficiently in these kind of circumstances but my friend is still full of energy and keeping up with his good work on a positive hope of someday the situation would change for better.

the third point that u mention about escalating the entire issue across hierarchy... about the situation how does that help...

Coz a lot of people already know of it and sympathise with him.

Another allegation what his boss puts on him is he is very theoretical and he goes by the book.

From India, Pune
lnbattacharya
Hi,

Leaving a company when having turmoils is not a good sign of growth. Normally there will be an adrenalin surge, fight or flight ideation when under such stress situations.

As I see come across the situation via your mail, the possible thing might be the person might have done a couple of mistakes in his work that may be due due to lack of knowledge and/or overconfidence.

This person should have accepted that he knows a very little about payroll before accepting the task and asked for help from others. The company could have done a succession planning or atleast a two or three day induction about payroll process from the employee who is leaving, when the position is handed over to other person.

Per this situation, the other employees would have complained about the salary, for salary is a very very sensitive matter, which can shatter the employee relationship with the company, thats why the COO would have got pissed and asked him to leave, which is normal scenario.

SOLUTION: A person who is having a good rapport with immediate boss can explain about his past history of quality work in other tasks of the department and give him two months time to monitor his quality.

The payroll process can be handled by some other person.

In this mean time, this person can concentrate more do a quality job, able to satisfy the company's requirement and when the situation cools down he can quit the job and look out for other opportunity.

Why I am saying this is Every part of your mistake in work is being accounted in some way and monitored by one person or other, be it employee, office boy, boss, supervisor. This will become a history in his career, ONE CANNOT LET HIMSELF/HERSELF TO BE FIRED AT ANY SITUATION DUE TO MISTAKES. NEVER EVER GIVE UP. . . .

Regards,

LN Battacharya

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.