shankaranappindi

REALITY BITES!!

The week ahead was a special one for my family and me. Years after, we have invited all our relatives for a get together. Still remember, it was a freezing day of December and I was loaded with the task to classify the culinary for the special occasion of the year. I took to my venerable Bajaj Chetek driving my way to the Secunderabad Mandi (Market) to buy vegetables. The cold breeze passed by gently toying the ears, compelling me to wrap a muffler around. I packed myself in a jerkin, hand gloves along with the driving glasses protecting my vision. It was a cool drive through Habsiguda reaching the newfound flyover at Tarnaka. But, I decided not to take the flyover, as the breeze would be at its chilled best at the top. I was off on the regular track neglecting a beautiful creation of the GOD crossing my cruiser.

A mile ahead I felt as if something was haunting me and in no time I realized that it were my thoughts about the creation that routed through my way. I could recollect that it was a cute little puppy limping its way across the early morning traffic. Unable to withstand, I took a turn and was back to the vicinity of the scene. Feelings multiplied wild and were sensing bad for the poor living thing with a lamely walk. My eyes spotted an old man (beggar) half-alive in the corner of the bus stop covered in a blanket enjoying a nap with someone in the lap. “Eyes wide open”, I had a glimpse at the spectacle of my life! To my astonishment, the man in the corner was a leprosyte nurturing the puppy, securing a cloth around its injured leg. Tears rolled down the cheeks greeting silently the kind act of humanity. With a shrunken heart I was off to finish my job.

Thereafter I made up my mind to regularly stop at the bus stop and offer him a rupee or two. A great relief, one day the little puppy was back to its strengths and was playing in the bruised hands of its master. Innocent about the pain the master is suffering from, the little puppy was entertaining the master to its life. It was jumping and running around him and was staging its life’s best acts to sustain the smile on the master’s face. The scene was so heartening that every one at the place thought them to be buddies. Such was the bondage between them. Though a destitute, he was sharing every thing of his life – feelings to that of a piece of bread and the “worn out – see through” blanket. I was delighted with their act and eyes sparked in happiness. That moment, I could not understand why we people are fighting each other in this envious world. Hope someone learns from their kinship, which is all about sharing, exchange of thoughts, feelings and oneness in the struggle for existence.

Finally, it was party time and in the evening everyone were enjoying the relishing dishes served suitably to their tastes. Exchanging one-liners on one another, all of them were milking their way filling the air with delighted smiles. But, I was off my moods and none were aware of my preoccupied mind. Deep drowned in sorrow; I was lifeless with the blood still burning red hot. No one exactly knows what happened to me. The question still haunts me…is it an Act of Humanity? …No one knows what exactly happened.

………………That morning while I was on my usual way to the bus stop at Tarnaka to offer a rupee to the beggar in the bus stop. By the time I reached, there was a huge gathering at the place and my senses grew severe. I was one among them watching the acts of the little puppy trying to wake its master who reserved his berth for a long sleep. Everyone felt pity about the beggar and the puppy, but no one extended a helping hand for final rituals. After several “effortless efforts”, the poor little thing was tired and found its place inside the blanket and never came back to life & followed its master to the heavens above. I took to the nearest public telephone and informed the authorities of Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad, who were at the place in a jiffy and carted the bodies in a municipal van, leaving all heads bent down in guilt. My inner soul was hue and cry pinning me on my act………….questioning time and again………………what have you done…is it an Act of Humanity?

That moment, I could not understand why we people are fighting each other in this envious world. Hope someone learns from their kinship, which is all about sharing, exchange of thoughts, feelings and oneness in the struggle for existence.

So, friends please let me know…………..am I guilty and Inhuman? Hope their souls rest in peace in the heavenly world.

Shankar Anappindi

91 - 40 - 09849 669966

HR Executive

KARVY Group

From India, Visakhapatnam
Arvind
Shankar, Very touching indeed, and well narrated. I am basically from Chennai, presently am in Blore and was in Hyderabad for a month to do my summer traning in Sanath Nagar Voltas. Was able to see those places and visualise that scene. "Nature is just supreme and only that makes man wonder, coz God created it." - cheers Arvind
From India, Bangalore
shankaranappindi

Hi Arvind,
Thanks for the encouragement........from inside of the heart let me share with you......for a moment if the entire world can think in the shoes of this article......I can only say that there is no necessity for the living being to discuss about the difference between - "HEAVEN & HELL".
I hope If my article can reach the heart of the people.....I have succeeded to certain extent.....I am glad that I have found my strength in you.
Thanks for the encouragement & words of empathy.
Shankar Anappindi
91 - 40 - 09849 669966
HR Executive
KARVY Group

shankaranappindi

Dear Arvind, Will sure mail you. Thanks again for the few little words of big impact. Shankar Anappindi 91 - 40 - 09849 669966 HR Executive KARVY Group
sub_ray@seecasia.com

Hi Shankar, A touching one indeed. Great impact because of the way in which you narrated and also due to the fact that I stay near Taranka. Thank you for posting. Rergards Subhash.RV
From India, Hyderabad
shankaranappindi

Hi Subhash,
Thanks for the empathy. Glad that I had found someone who thinks alike. You said that you are from TARNAKA. I would be glad if you can share some information about you. I stay in MALLAPUR......place after NACHARAM.
Shankar Anappindi
91 - 40 - 09849 669966
HR Executive
KARVY Group

Anonymous

Dear Shankar,
Your narration of this incident made me really feel how you have felt. The human in us makes us feel that way, and it is quite natural. Its really great that you felt that way, coz, these days not many people actually feel that way or think about these things much.
One point to note is that the beggar was in a position to take care of thte puppy thats why he took care of it, any body in his place would have done it.Had the beggar not been a beggar, had he been thte CEO of an MNC, you think he would have even cared to look at the puppy leave aside sharing of the blanket? Obviously his responsibilities and busy time schedule would not have allowed him, isn't it?
Thats why we should wonder and thank God for his greatness, he keeps in mind of such minute details like even sending the puppy to the beggar and not anybody else.
Therefore, friend, cheerup, nothing tto feel bad about.
Best and regards.
Sandhya.
Kolkata.

shankaranappindi

Sandhya Ji,
Thanks for identifying my feelings.......CEO - Character Empathy Objective......for me even the beggar is CEO.....he had all these three.
Thanks again.
Shankar Anappindi
0 9849 66966
Asst. Manager - HR
KARVY Group
HYDERABAD

sree

Hello Shankar ji, Happy to know you are still active in the group. We were missing your wonderful posts. Please continue posting. — — - sree
From India, New Delhi
shankaranappindi

Sreeji! Just posted my latest "LIVING FROM MY HEART" Shankar Anappindi 0 9849 669966 Asst. Manager - HR KARVY Group HYDERABAD
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.