prameshiyer

hi
what i would suggest is as you dont have any project in hand your present employer would be able to releve you soon without any hazzles
if there is any 2 months notice , the offer that u have in hand is enough
put down your papers and dont think about anything
Pramesh Iyer

From India, Bangalore
hepzileonsoon
Hi Aarti
I still do not know the other side of the coin (the company). I feel that, this is a decision yo need to make no matter what the World says. Everything hinges on contract or terms & conditions. No Company holds any grudges against their employees. I don't think you even need to give explanation. It is your individual right( I hope so) to inform them about your personal endeavors. So, my suggestion is to write a simple resignation letter with one paragraph on how good the company was to you, one paragraph on how you contributed, one paragraph on how you would want to move on due to your Career Plan. After leave it to the company to fill in the blanks. If they say, they won't pay you for the last month, muster the courage to say OK and move on.

Personally, I feel the ball is in your court to muster your strength to make a decision and stand by it no matter the outcome is good or bad. Sometimes, in life things don't happen the way wanted it to be, all it takes is to face it, no matter what the end result is. I hope and pray that God will give you the wisdom to take the right step.

Call it GROWING PAINS :)

Stay Blessed
Hepzi

From Trinidad and Tobago, Mucurapo
hepzileonsoon
Hi Aarti
Take my previous advise, for any situation. The company has a bag full of projects that you can work on; the Company may have NO projects work on; it doesn't matter, the decision should be the same. You have to convince yourself not the company, that you are moving not because the Company has no projects, but because I need to move on. if you do that, you will not have the dilemma what you have now. Your moving places should always be in consistent with your Career Plan, outside of the Company Situation.
Stay Blessed
Hepzi

From Trinidad and Tobago, Mucurapo
saby
Hi Aarti,

I've gone through your posting, others replies to it and your concerns mentioned further on. It seems that either this is your first job or that you are confused and scared. I will give you my own example, which might be a lesson for you:

I was working with a Co. as MD's Exec. Secy. In the appointment letter it was written that I had to give them one month's notice if I wanted to leave. The co. could give me either one month's notice or payment in lieu of it. Now after 3 years I started my own co. (another trade). I kept some staff to run the business. I had taken loan to start this business. Since I was getting a handsome salary in this co. I didn't want to resign (but I had high ambitions, so I started the business). Now after 3 months things in my business started going out of control and I had to personally look into the matter. I went to my MD and other Directors and told them of my dilemma. I told them to give me 3 months break so that I could concentrate my business and later sell it to somebody. By our management did not accept my explanation. They told me that they could not give me the required leave. When I told them I will resign with immediate effect (by giving them one month's notice or pay in lieu of it), they told me that since I was MD's ES, I will have to give them three months notice (which was different from the Appointment Letter). Due to this and also due to my shrinking business, I started getting tensed, lost sleep and everything around me was going blur. I was getting frustated with myself and the company I was working for. Day by day I started losing my business and one day, I just gave up my job. I didnt tell the co. that I am leaving. They searched for me but I was not available. But alas I lost my business forever as well as my job. Had I taken this decision earlier, I would have saved my business. It's now 3 years. Now I am working in other organization.

So, the moral is: follow your heart and mind if you find the future offers (or even business ventures) prospective. Dont get confused; just act. Dont waste time, because like in my case you may get neither.

From India, Mumbai
aashi22in

HI
For everyone here i wanted to clarify this is not my first job also as mentioned by saby things went wrong when you spoke to management about leaving early.Had it been a negotiation on 2 months notice period i would still have managed but leaving with immediate effect that too when you project is in transition and you area a critical resource because of the work you have done is past becomes difficult

From India, Bangalore
aashi22in

I fully agree with you but when i joined i had good long term plan with the co.It all went upside down when co was not getting any project and started loosing its biggest projects also had major resignations at the management level and more than my manager its the RCM and HR that decide your notice period its easy to convince my manager but not the recruitment team.They are the real pains
From India, Bangalore
aashi22in

Dear taru
There are may people in this co who are getting paid without work i have seen people on bench getting promotion 2 months thats why i am confused about the way management would react to it i guess this is one of the major draw back of MNC's and since there was a layoff last month situation very critical.No co likes to accept that they are at loss and are not getting any good projects to generate revenues

From India, Bangalore
aashi22in

Thanks i fully agree with you i am not at all intrested in spoling my relation with this org which gave me a golden opportunity work with a pretigious client and helped me building up professional and personal relationships
From India, Bangalore
johnkphilip
How important is it to have a relieving letter? How would my new organisation look upon me if I leave my current job (after having paid out my notice period)? Just in case my organisation decides to slap a case on me, would they have enough meat to chew on?
Case II: can my organisation refuse to a) accept money in lieu of the notice period even if it is clearly mentioned in my terms b) relieve me quoting absurd reasons?

From India, Delhi
aarti maheshwari
Thanks To All Of You
But This Is Not My Problem.i Said That I Did Mba In Marketing(major) And Hr As A Minor,so I Dont Get Any Opportunity For Working In Hr Even At Entrance Level.
So My Question Is After Doing One Year Specialization In Hr From Distance Education ,can I Get Opportunity In Hr

From India, Dehra Dun
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.