No Tags Found!

Surendra Singh

Dear Subhash
HR team of your company must be congratulated for the excellent HR practices and the support you guys have rendered to the affected employees. Situation is really touching. Generally it has been obserbed that 'H' in 'HR' is missing. But in this case you have really done a great job. Many like me in HR community may like to learn a lesson from this case.
Please keep up the good work.
Regards
Surendra

From India, New Delhi
Vennila Natarajan
Xlnt and Kudos Subhash!!! God will shower his blessings for this XLNT Job.... Keep it up!!!!
From India, Madras
sub_ray@seecasia.com

Thank you

Madhu

Reema Sharma

Afsha

Chakrabroty

Janavi

Neetu

Nikkyblue

Trupti

Viraj

Surendra

Hiten

M.PEER MOHAMED SARDHAR

Vennila Natarajan

---- for your wishes and blessings....I'm moved by your comments and very happy to know that it's an inspiration to all.

At present I'm reading the book " The Alchemist", I'm sure many of you might have read this, in which the author (Paulo Coelho) mentioned " Why is it so important to live our personal calling if we are going to suffer more than other people? Because once we have overcome the defeats-and we always do-we are filled with a greater sense of euphoria and confidence. In the silence of our hearts, we know that we are proving ourselves worthy of the miracle of life. Each day, each hour, is part of the good fight. We start to live with enhthusiasm and pleasure.

How true!!!!

Hi Sowmya,

If I'm in your situation, I'll find out the root cause why production dept is not allowing me to meet new associates. Is it because they have more training sessions, over burdened with work or any other reason? Once this is clear then I(we) will plan the best time to interact with them.

Come what may one should be in touch with them. This is because for new hires the bonding with the people they meet during the first few days remains forever. Initially they are shy to approach people, whom, what, where all are big questions for them.

I was in this situation earlier. I'm determined, I don't want anyone to face this situation. With the help of my colleague we made few changes in induction policy and with our director's consent we are implementing the same.

Lucky to work with the director who has 25 + years of experience in the field of HR. He always guides us, gives more freedom, and encourages us to think differently and we get instant feedback. We are two, working in HR Department apart from our Director (HR). He looks both of us as his son and daughter.

Hi Viraj,

Welcome to citeHR.

I understand the pain. For these kind of situations, we will be in an embarrassing position. And especially for those who are with the company right from the beginning and received notices, will get the feeling that org didn't treat them properly. Let's wish all will be placed quickly and would be in much better position.

Have A Great Week Ahead..

Cheers

Subhash

P.S. Unfortunately we missed our Director's daughter wedding, and we are happy that we could atleast make it to reception.

From India, Hyderabad
Bro. Vineeth Velamkalam
Hi Subhash, Nice to see your post enter the 'Top 10 in this week' category. Great going. Continue to inspire us by your valuable sharings. God bless you. Regards, (Bro. Vineeth G. Velamkalam)

kiran_ksk

Hi Shubash
Its a wonderful post. I think most of the HR in this forum would have gone through but no one got the thought of expressing it as you done. Its a wonderful Jobdone. I am able to see the situations i faced few months back and the pain in telling the employees whom we already know from many years that they are not going to be a part of the organization any more.
Even i have to face another termination this year end. I didnt tell him still. I feel so bad that the new year is going to start in this way for him. I am trying to push his resumes to all the consultants i know.
May god be with those who face such situations
Kiran

From India, Hyderabad
archnahr

Dear Subhash,
What an outstanding thing you have done. I'm really happy that good souls still exist in this world.
People might say that what you have done is what HR is suppossed to do, but how many of us are doing so. Very few, you can count them on fingers.
I'm glad that 14 out of 32 have been placed, that's what good organisations do and yours is one of them.
I can quote this example next time whenever I take training on Empathy - Emotional Intelligence.
Thanks for being such a nice Human Being!!! There is nothing great about it, but how many of us are Good Human Beings we all know.
Best Regards and many success in life,
Archna

From India, Delhi
PraveenIP

Subhash, May God Bless you and all the personnel who were involved in such a Noble Act. Regards Praveen
From India
Simta

Hi Subhash I knew it from the beginning that ur post will come amongst the top 10 posts in CITEHR. Congrats!! Great job done. Wonderful sharing. Regards, Simta
From India, Gurgaon
amit_indian_99
Dear Subhash,
Issuance of Termination letter to 24 emp definitely would have adverse effect on the total workforce.It would create negative vibe & feeling of insecurity among minds of the others also;needless to mention it would have multiplier effect overall.
Reasons mentioned by you definitely seem quite valid but I do think that termination should have been gradually if possible that is 7 emp per month;Also the employees should have to be explained the reasons for termination of employment to avoid any misgivings & should be directed towards alternate avenues of employment.All in all they should have that feeling that Yes,Reasons were genuine beyond Mgmt Control & the Org in whole was good place to work for.
All The Best !!
Sincerely,
Amith S

sub_ray@seecasia.com

Thank you Vineeth, Kiran, Archna, Praveen, Sujeet, cgnanij, Jaya, Simta, and Amit.

With your wishes and blessings, I'm happy to announce that the number has been increased to 19.

Dear Amit,

When a huge lay off like this happens, there will be a great amount of insecurity among the associates and impact on the organization. If the management is proactive then we can avoid the adverse effect.

Imagine if we do this in phase by phase manner then the fear of insecurity will increase tremendously. Productivity will decrease, associates will fear whether his/her name will be the next? We even thought of giving it to one after another instead of announcing and giving it to all at a time. We called all the 32 associates, our CEO and President who came from US announced this sad news, explained CLEARLY why it all happened. They (we are also part of it) answered their queries. This all happened in the morning.

As planned in advance, we had a meeting with the rest of our team in the afternoon. Trust me as the news spread, the fear of insecurity raised among the associates. They have come-up with different queries. The top of all, will there be any second list?

We’ve people with vast experience---Sr.VP-- 23yrs, VP-- 21yrs, Director (HR)—25 yrs. We all prepared on how to face the team. How best we can eliminate that fear in them? If we fail here that’s it.

The management team showed the road map for the years to come, how many projects, how much revenue we’ve generated and how much we are expecting through new projects, and why they have taken such a drastic decision and our plans to protect the existing employees.

We’ve never been in this situation before.

Cheers

Subhash

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.