No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi All, I resigned in the last week of December (the holiday period in this organisation). As I have not been assigned to any project, the company told me they could not provide me with any notice period. In addition to that, the company is considering the last working day as 22nd Dec (before my resignation date ), stating that we cannot provide payment for holidays.

What to do now?

From India, New Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Please check your appointment order terms and conditions on separation clause. If one month notice is compulsory then your Employer is bound to allow you to serve one month notice or pay in lieu of one month notice.

Also relieving date cannot be before Resignation letter date. Discuss with your HR on this.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

If you had resigned with a request to treat the resignation letter as "notice" of resignation and to relieve you on a future date as per company policy/ terms of employment, then the management cannot refuse to pay holiday salary and relieve you without waiting for the future date mentioned in your letter. And if they relieve you earlier than the date you mentioned, the employer is bound to pay you notice pay treating it as early relieving. But in the present world where you have to face reports from background verification agencies, how can you defend an employer's decision of early relieving without paying salary or notice pay? Now, if the employer quotes in the service letter that "Mr XXX was relieved on 22/12/23 following his resignation dated 22/12/2023," it would mean that you were asked to put the papers due to some indifferences and it was not a voluntary act of resignation by you. If you approach the law enforcing authority, you may win but that victory may damage your career. Therefore, think, whether to lose lose a few days' salary or to lose a career?
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.