No Tags Found!

sgenius
according to my knowledge, during audit, auditor will ask the proof of loss or not recoverable. so better send minimum two letters to that employee. 1st to return laptop. 2nd reminder for police complain. even if he did not return, then file police complain and keep the copy of the same for audit purpose. also if insurance facility is there then may claim for insurance. check exact process with insurance people under general insurance.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

You can not get write-off of the asset for tax benefit. Ther is no such provision. You will instead continue claiming depreciation under class of asset concept.
Police will not bother tomdo something. Mostly they work for money. Cost of police action is probably higher than value of asset.
However, sending a letter, legal notice, follow up with personal visit and fir filed, preferably with intimation to current employer are options if you wish to make an example of someone.
Basically be careful of who you give assets to.
Ensure return of asset before full and final settlement
Hold back pf forms
In reality, if someone absconds, there is not much you can effectively do in most cases

From India, Mumbai
sgenius
in official world, for proper documentation, you have to go with legal papers.
if you will not take such action, daily one will go like this. if person resigns then you can hold salary till clearance. but if absconds then you have to send letters to him. this only to show auditor or auditor will assume and report that you are supporting those things for your benefits. and he will report this to management which may cause legal action on you or fine to you.
in big industries , this is the rule. if person goes without handing over, then either of these are responsible:
store - who gives clearance or material issued report.
HR - who prepares full and final settlement without clearance.
accounts - who pays salary without clearance.
i gave my advise. rest on you.

From India, Mumbai
Chumti
Also that when Bio data is received Hr must also keep xerox or may have original Address proof/Pan card even previous bank statement can also do. He can trace & give this to police which might help. Also assert management should be taken care.
From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

A laptop costs about Rs. 40,000
The person who has absconded without giving his laptop to the firm, would probably have a salary of Rs. 20,000. You can't get your value back.
We have so many cases on this group where a person has left without certificate and relieving letter and we have told them how to manage in the new company without it. This guy sitting with you 40k asset knows how to manage it.
My point was that in reality there is little you can do.
By all means do the paper work of sending proper notice. But that is all it is. Paper work.

From India, Mumbai
vkshirsagar2201
Dear,
Inform individual in writting and metioned that his dues shall not be clear, untill unless he deposites all items given by company. I think for future you have to creat some kind of the format for the employee who resigned or left the company, that he will get clearance/complition signature from all of the head of departments to avoid such situation.
regards
Vijay Kshirsagar

From India, Mumbai
sgenius
yes.paper work is required. even ISO asks for proper documentation. in properitory company it depends on Proprietor to write off these things without any proper documentation. but when it comes to company where share of patner is there, you have to keep all accounts in writing. police may do nothing for you. in that case you will not run after police or court case but for documentation , you have to file police case after 3rd intimation to absconded employee.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

The original question was how to prevent people from absconding. So paper work is not the solve that part of the problem unfortunately. My point was that in reality you can’t do anything
From India, Mumbai
sgenius
this is the original question
"Dear Seniors,
If the employees who are given laptops leave the company without informing and take away the laptops with them whats steps as a HR can i take? please Suggest..."
if you will not file case then every now and then employees will start repeating the same. you already know the cost of laptop and salary which employee will leave with company before absconding.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

In that case, just filing a police complain is going to nothing. Are you willing to spend another 40,000 to make the police take him into custody (specially if he is gone to another city) and then on lawyers to pursue the case to it's logical end

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.