shijit

Hi Priya,
It need not necessary you have to mention designation on the ID card. Many cos practice while many other dont. In my organization ID doesn't have designation. It has got co logo, address, Name of employee, employee code, and Blood group. And on the reverse side Residential address.
Reason for not mentioning designation:
Designation gets changed due to promotion and changes in the organisation structure. When such change take place you have to alter ID too. For this reason, its convenient to have the ID without designation.
Choose what is best for your organisation.
regards,
shijit.

From India, Kochi
bhandhavi.r

Hai priya.......
Top management people should understand the issue if not then they are not able managers........Wipro like companies dont encourage putting Designation on ID cards for the same reason... and if the employees get promotion then you need to change the ID card again which is an unecessary expense

From India, Hyderabad
ramnag66

ID card is issued only once in employees career in his company and constants only are furnished in the ID. So, there is no question of issuing
ID with designation. However, you may issue visiting cards / business cards to your employees by mentioning their designation which could
solve the problem

From India, Madras
flower_floss@yahoo.com

Hi rajesh.hr Your reply was excellent. Thank you so much for this useful suggestion. This issue was raised mainly by our Compliance Officer who is in a position just below director so his designation will not be changed any further. Our Vice President's are also just below director. In such case what shall i have to answer them.
From India, Calcutta
flower_floss@yahoo.com

Thank you so much all CiteHR friends for helping out ..... this site is very useful and all our HR friends are very very helpful .... Within an hour I am getting so many responses to solve this issue ....
So mentioning designation in ID card will
1. Hamper the morale of the employees since discrimination might take place.
2. Every year after promotion there will be change in designation and hence we have to generate cards every year which is considered as useless expenditure.
What about employees who are just below directors??

From India, Calcutta
kuldeep.vats1984
Hello Priya,
Management concern is quite reasonable. Designation is an important factor. I think, designation should be mention on the ID card. If you want to avoid designation on card then the best alternate is that you should prepare a grade list. for example:- for Officer rank grade can be given A, for peon grade may be D & so on. it will solve management concern as well as your problem.
I hope you will find it best.
Kuldeep Vats

From India, Delhi
priti noel
Hi Priya, Logically mentioning the designation on the Id card is not really important.You can rather mention Grades like A,B,C..so on.Designations keep changing which as be even as soon as 6 months.
From India, Mumbai
flower_floss@yahoo.com

No Kuldeep this is not possible coz the cards have already been generated. we do have grade 1,2,3,4 but clients outside will not understand grades thats why our grade 1 employees require the designation "power" whereby they will find themselves in a superior position unlike others.
From India, Calcutta
panvinhar

Dear Priya,
ID Card is related with Photo Identity and might be for marking attendance also. If you are using only front side with details like logo, Emp ID, Name, Blood Group, address with emegency contact no, it will be more cost effective. Both side printing will be a costly affair. Convince you boss by saying that Business/Visiting Card and ID Cards are two different things, only because of its usages and details reflected on. For Designation/Position's reflection, we use Business Card not ID Card.
Thanks,
Pankaj Shukla

From India, Gurgaon
karen0243
for me you may use a new technology like an id scanning device were when you swipe it you can see the employees information but this might take you expensive costs i think
From Philippines, Las Piñas
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.