snehaghosh.sneha19@gmail.com

Hello Everyone,
Hope you all are doing well!
Can anyone please help me that what are the questions I should ask in the interview to check the following points & also what else I should consider while taking interview other than following points:
1.Confidence
2.Stability

From India, Calcutta
V.Raghunathan

Hi Sneha Ghosh,

I wish you had given more details.

Are you the sole member to Interview the candidates or

are you a panel member to represent HR?

If you are the sole member, then you must have a good knowledge of “core subject” of the candidates.

Suppose you are interviewing candidates for an Accounts Assistant post, then you must

have adequate knowledge of Accountancy.

If you are sitting from HR side, then you should check many other things.

See the certificates and all other documents submitted by the candidate.

‘Confidence’ can be judged by the way the candidate answers. When the candidate is asked “ Are you sure” does he say yes or does he fumble. Suppose you do not know what is answered is correct or not, make a note of it and ask your colleague in the panel if the candidate was right. If he says that the candidate was right then the confidence is genuine. If your colleague says the answer was incorrect, then it is not merely that the candidate is wrong, he also has an attitude to bluff.

A lot of information is revealed by observing the body language.

Imagine yourself in the shoes of Amitabh Bacchan and recall the way he asks questions to the contestant in the hot seat in the programme KAUN BANEGA CROREPATI.

For ‘stability’, you are likely to get more clues from the candidate’s resume.

Whether he has continuously worked over a long period or has had too many changes in too short a time. You can also openly ask if the candidate would leave in the event of his getting a higher salary within three or six months. However stability is something that cannot be judged accurately. If the candidate does not like his boss or the job then he may leave. A promise in an interview does not mean much, unless agreed in writing.

There are plenty of points to consider other than CONFIDENCE and STABILITY.

Please search relevant articles from Cite HR archives.

V.Raghunathan

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.