No Tags Found!

PRAJ5477
Hi,
I have resigned on 31.01.2011, submitted the hard copy of resignation letter to my immediate superior after discussion with him for the same.
I have also emailed the copy of my resigantion to him,our HOD & HR on the same day.
Till date I have not not received any reply from my immediate superior.
I have also remind him to accept the same with counter sign on resignation letter or acceptance on email.
If he accept the same on 10.02.2011(say),then my given notice period of 40days from date of resignation will be liable.Pls advice..
If he does not accept,then advice for the same.
I want to leave my current company anyhow..Your expert advice on this too..
Regards
P JAJORIA

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

The notice period stars running from the day your resignation letter reaches the table of the reporting Officer. If it is sent by post the communication is said to have completed when it is posted and not even delivered at the other end. But companies without good HR departments can even harass employees saying that it was not accepted and the notice period would start from the date on which it was accepted. Therefore, a generalisation in this regard is not possible. More over, notice pay, period of notice etc, if not provided in the Standing Orders will be interpreted differently by different persons.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.