No Tags Found!

asundar2
Hi, Please help me clarify if the "Minimum Wages Act, 1948 Shops and Commercial Establishments" is applicable if only one person is employed in a shop as a helper? Thanks for your time.
From India, Vellore
coperday

yes, we have to register the firm under the shops and est act with labour dept. when firm is register with no employees or with employees minimum wages act is applicable to the est/factory as per the scheduled notified by the state govt .
From India, Bhilai
sakshi.14feb1983@gmail.com

Hi, Allow me to add my question to it, would Professional Tax also be applicable if only 3 employees are aligned to one branch (Madhya Pradesh)? Other are located to Chattisgarh (2) and New Delhi (25). Delhi is head office from where salary is been processed by company. Please guide, looking for the answer from long time.
Thanks

From India, New Delhi
Ankita1001

As far as my knowledge goes, there is no minimum or maximum number of employees needed for payment of professional tax. So irrespective of 1 or many employees and irrespective of city, PT would be deducted from sal, and paid by the organization as per the rules and applicability.
Seniors can confirm though.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.