Anonymous
Hi..Cite Hr Members,
Please help me here.It's urgent
Recently I joined a company,where they have 10 working hrs/day.so We are working 260hrs/month.As there are 26 working days.Now Please tell me is it legal?i mean like as per law 48hrs/week is there.so 192hr/ month.above there is it counted as overtime.but they don't have any rule like overtime pay.We are only 12 employee in the organization.Is there any thing i can do? pls give me answer urgently.

From India, Ahmedabad
Shailesh Parikh_HR Pro

Dear Freind
No Factory or Establishment can take more than 48 hours per week of work from an employee. If it is work exigency, can ask the eployee to work beyond 48 hours but wil have to pay Overtime at the rate twice the of his normal wage rate. However the OT hours should not exceed 50 per quarter.
Regards
Shailesh Parikh
Vadodara, Gujarat
99 98 97 10 65

From India, Mumbai
PreetamDeshpande

Dear Member
Is the organisation you are working in is registered under Factories Act or Shops and establishment Act.
If it is under shops and establishment and if you are getting a break of 2 hours or more during your duty hours then you will not be able to change anything as spread - over is allowed under the provisions of Shops and Establishment.
Regards
Preetam Deshpande

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
We have 30 mins of lunch time between 12 to 1. we can consider any time between 12 to 1 as 30 mins of lunch.We can take 10-15min break around 4pm
From India, Ahmedabad
radhika.ashokanand

Hi It would help us reply if you can tell us about the nature of the industry and your organization. Is it a start up? Was the timing communicated to you during the offer? Cheers!
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.