No Tags Found!

kenixhr

Dear Seniors,
I am just a month old in HR in a big corporation. I'm in one of their branch therefore i need to liaise with people in HQ in many things. This branch was 5 yrs old but they have no HR previously therefore I need to start everything from scratch. In the branch I have over 70 staffs to manage with me alone. Most of the staffs are professional. I am really lost and feel like giving up.
I was question by one of the head, what is in lieu payment. I know what that means but I just do not know how to put that in proper sentence and proper way. Because working in big corporation, you really need to be very careful with your words. I'm here seeking for seniors' help.
Appreciate your help.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Kenix

From Malaysia, Kuala Terengganu
nashbramhall

Dear Kenix,
In lieu means instead of. It depends on the context. For example, an employee can resign giving a month notice to an employer. Instead of working for a month (s)he gives a month's salary and quit the next day. For more details see What does payment of salary in Lieu of Notice mean? | Expert Advice on Compromise Agreements
Also see Overtime and Bank Holiday Compensation: Human Resources Division: University of Cambridge for time off in lieu of overtime payment, etc.

From United Kingdom
Ankita1001

Chill,
It is okay to give answers in simple wordings... Everyone knows you're fresh... So how would it matter... Grooming takes time. You need to be confident and answer the queries confidently... Choose simple words and slowly you'd learn.
Hope it helped.

From India, Mumbai
kenixhr

Dear Nashbramhall,
Thank you for the information provided. What if in my case, the staff serve insufficient notice period? I've posted this question to the head:
Dear Ms....
Please allow me to seek your advise if the early release granted to Mr X is with short notice in lieu payment (salary in lieu from 1 Feb 2013 – 30th May 2013) or without?

and she replied:
Mr X requested for release by end of Jan.
Please let me know what is the difference between in lieu payment and without?

How should i reply from here?

From Malaysia, Kuala Terengganu
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.