No Tags Found!

pranger666
Hi, I have been working in Bangalore with a Company for 10 months now. I intend to leave the organisation in 2 months to pursue higher eduacation. Hence, I wish to withdraw amount in PF account. I will need it to fund my education. Kindly suggest me the procedure for the same.
Also, can I withdraw the amount now, and remainig two months later?

From India, Bangalore
bpugazhendhi

Firstly, you can withdraw the amount only after you leave the job, not while you are still in service. After you leave the service you can apply for settlement of your EPF account through your employer (because they have to fill in the relevant portions, the authorised signatory has to sign it and they have to send it to the EPFO with all enclosure). The application will be sent to the EPF Office which maintains your EPF account. They will settle the account and directly credit the amount in your bank account. You cannot reasonably expect to have the cash in hand before, say 4 to 6 months from the date of your leaving the job. You can right now discuss with your employer so that they will expedite matters. In case your company is an exempted establishment under the EPFO, they will themselves be maintaining the EPF account. In that case the time taken for settlement may get reduced by about a month or so.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.