No Tags Found!

Joe0506

Hey,
M surprised that the wife is still working in the organisation. According to me she shouldn't work with him and enjoy all the perks which director enjoys. If the wife is so ambitious then she should work somewhere else and make a standing for herself. By creating such a situation, I'm sure, the couples must be having a tough time with eachother. I strongly agree with Col. Virendra, Anubha and many more friends here....
Prachi, as Mr. Anil Mehta said, you need to go and apologise the director and then sit with him and ask for his suggestion on this issue. Now the damage is done, so better be intelligent and play safe.. I hope you understand what I'm indicating.
All the best!!

From Korea
Tinodiwanashe
The fact that he has been with you for seven years doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is, is he efficient as you said because what I believe is a Director has company interests at heart, he should look at the expenses of the company and prioritise for the success of the company rather than considering personal interests. Its not his fault though married guys will agree with me that women power is irrestible and when a lady wants something she will go to the extremes to get and when the husband has power like in this case a Director the lady wants him to do something. And the man being a Director he wants to prove he is a man and a Director for the company. Look at the root of the problem its not him, its the lady who is forcing him to do this. I sometimes wonder are relationships like this one good for the company.
From Zimbabwe, Harare
sharmila yadav

Hi,
Prachi we r into hr so if if always think abt this type of realationship in company then we cant work and if we celebrate her bday in a nice way that is also acceptable buttttt the next situation you should be ready for a second person also stand for arugument that u should celebrate his/her bday as a same level so be strict let him go ..........
jane vale ko koi rok bhi nahi sakta if u heard this sentance let him go start sercing a new person for the same position same situation i have also face but the diff is that was a bday in in my case that was increment.....
regards,
SHARMILA YADAV
MANAGER-HR
CONCORDE DESIGNS PVT LTD, MUMBAI

From India, Delhi
Olarinde Obajuluwa

This is funy, very funy but that is the sort of things that we have to bear in HR. Ludicrous things.
The guy has a better offer somewhere else. This is a smokescreen! I will advice that you start headhunting for his replacement while you get a senior person of his level go through the procedures with him. Do not request his resignation. Keep an eye on his performance for signs of depreciation. If he has found another place, my bet is that he will not bulge. Get your new person to understudy him while his period of resignation last. At such a senior level, it should be about 3 months.
regards
Olarinde

From Nigeria
PVQ

I think your Director should take a look at his priorities. His wife is an employee ( in the first instance) and secondly his wife. if he is so wrapped up in these minor matter it is preferable that he leave rather than go on about small details that have nothing whatsoever to do with the business at hand.
I suggest you decide whether he is worth retaining. I have found that it is generally not a good idea to hire close relatives more so if one of them is in a senior management position.
Regards
PVQ

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Mohammed.Rafi
Hi...Dear Prachi, No yaar. It is not as u think. He just wants leave the company. That’s it. Reg, Rafi
From India, Hyderabad
anjali thakur
Hello Prachi,
Its not that big deal it happens. Big role has big ego. And its OK. Now the person in question is effecient. Go to him say sorry and assure that from next time it wont happen. Now wait for weekend where you are planning to celebrate the birthday of 'entry level' employe. Celebrate the birthday in the same manner as you celebrate the birthdays of 'Director level'. Definetly his ego will get hurt and will understand your point PRACTICALLY.
Bye
BEST LUCK
Anjali Thakur

jenny1

Hi,
Did anybody think on the other way round, that his wife would have expected a different birthday celebration being a Director's wife.
Why not try to talk to his wife who is at the entry level in a totally different way, the Director may be good- did he show such behaviour earlier before getting married, not for a birthday party, for some other issues. If no, then there may be his wife pressure.
Talk to his wife, he will automatically get settled.
An efficient person if said should not be left in this manner.
Regards,
Jennifer Isaac

From India, Mumbai
neenad
This was the first thought I had after reading Prachi’s first post. Dude lves with his mistakes...

Pankaj2008

Hi Henry,
I am sure I have created some sort of mess in communicating properly. Let me try to explain once again.
There can not be two opinions about the requirement of mature behavior ,not only from Director but all senior people sitting at top level. It is a must.
Please read my last statement in which I clearly stated that Disregard of his efficiency you should not entertain his expectations which are not legitimate.
I simply tried to distinguish the efficiency from what you call individual 's belief as to how his wife's b'day should be celebrated. Because a person having such perception could be quite efficient in his work and these two things must not be mixed up. Please read the initial responses of our members, you will find many such responses related efficiency with his belief.
All the best.

From India, Rajkot
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.