Harshali21
Hi,
If i was asked why i want to change my answer would be:
I had joined this company during it establishment phase.I was the 3rd recruit in HR in my region. I had designed process notes & Policy for other regions to follows under my bosses supervision. Now I am confident that i can initiate process & take decisions myself. its a right time for me to change my job now.:cool:
Regards
Harshali Mukherjee

From India, Pune
thegreatchandu

I would mention to have a better scope...as the present company is a small scale industry and can not start all the functions. They have merely 200 employees, so Trainings and development is rarely we think about. Want to join a company with large capacity where we may work on this function also...
From India, Vashi
Yuva_Raju
Hi Deepak,
This is one common question which you will get whenever you attend Interview. Their are several reasons for a change....some are genuine and some are just for that sake but one thing which every one is interested is in CTC.
If iam looking for a change then i should know why Iam looking for a change........If HR wants he can grill you out on this itself.
Regards,
Yuvaraju

From India, Mumbai
ranashekhar

Dear Deepk,
My answer would be something like this...
I am looking for an organisation where in I can stablize my self as well as grow within it.
Folk Let me know..your views on my answer is it convincing?
Regards
Rana Shekhar
Pune

From India, Khopoli
Yogita.Sharma
Hi Deepak,
Contrary to what everybody is suggesting, iI feel you should come out with the actaula reason...coz If u give fake answers, u may get screwed, which will ultimately have a worse effect.
Every recruiter understands..there is no vice in changing for money(Provided ur track record does not reflects you are hopping for money)
Qoute the actaul reason but put it nicely,
Dont say.."I did not get good appraisal" Instead say you would like to work in a more responsible position with matching designation.
This is my opinion , If somebody disagrees, ur veiws are invited for discussion
Regards,
Yogita

From India, Chandigarh
anupamavajre
In case we have been associated with one company for long , we can say that stagnation is setting in and you are feeling monotonous , seeing no growth as fas as job profile is concerned.
In all possibiltity we should avoid talking negative about our present our previous employers.
various reasons given could include--marraige, commutation, salary, stagnation, wanting to work for MNC or CMM level company, better Job profile, etc etc

From India, Mumbai
Girish V. Jagtap
if i asked that why i want to change my present job my answer would be, For more challenges, stability and the most important for salary hike ( due present rate of inflation 8.75 %) Girish V. Jagtap
From India, Pune
HR Madam

Thank you Deepak for keeping such a true,difficult,imp. question,which is individual will face in there life.

Better to know about the company & job profile before going for any interview.As this question will be there must so better to compare you present job with new & also company & also think when you will answer what next question you may get. It will help you to give spontaneous answer at interview time.

Below I'm mentioning certain answers.

I feel if any one is working as a recruiter in consulting far can give reasons like :
I want to be part of company rather than consultancy & want to learn other aspects of HR

If you are with a company : I want to learn HR generalist functions. If JD is same as recruiters then can say its happens to be monotonous work. Nothing new scope for learning even.

If you are working as HR Generalist then reasons can be..better position, better job profile. Even we can say like I'm good at conducting/preparing psychometric test (specify something where you are strong & your present job is not giving to work on it & new JD is including that) here I can have the exposer to do.

Relocation,location distance from home, company is shifting ,company is thinking to wind up his business or diversifying its domain ,marriage,health problem ,personal reason(spl. for girls) can be other reasons.

Never tell anything bad about company or about its staff.It will arise more question & convincing the interviewer will be difficult.

From India, Hyderabad
llmanishll
Hi Deepak,

This question is a standard one in HR interviews. Many guys react to it by telling bad things abt the employer/boss/work evvironment. The simplest way to answer the question is to sound realistic. Suppose a guy is having 1 or 2 yrs of exp. he can safely say "as I started my career I had to learn and develop myself - now that I am professionally sound, I need to focus on the financial aspect which have been compromised for a long time". Its very natural to think for every professional and the HR will take it to be realistic.

Some important donts here are:
Abusing the employer/work env./boss - always say that you are happy in the current job and tell certain priorities because of you want to change.

Mentioning certain things that display your rigidity/uncompromising nature

Hell bent on money - dont say that u want to switch only for money even if it is the only reason - saying so will make it almost sure you arent getting thru.

Mentioning just Brand Name: Nobody switches just for a big brand - there is a standard raise involved depending on diferent industries/markets for a job switch.

Mentioning certain things that can be utilized to bargain: Like if the company has plans to shrink/retrenchment OR if your employer ceases to work in the areas of your experience - never mention it.

Last but not the least - take it as a formality question as now a days emploters need people who are dynamic enough - even the current employer stops caring for an employee who looks very stable/mild.

Thanks,
Manish

Jain_Sarath

Well I believe the universal answer to this question on first hand is " Looking for a better prospect, and career growth". I have come through situations when I am the interviewer and the candidate starts telling me, Oh, that company is growing from bad to worse everyday, I cant agree to their decisions, new implementations are unacceptable and so on.
But I would advise, the person interviewing you is not your friend or a well wisher, but just a person who is doing the job, and these kind of answers wont help you get the job. I have had to ignore even qualified candidates just because the way they presented their current employer. I am aware that this exactly is more or less the same words that this candidate would describe to a next interviewer after me. Getting skilled people is not a big task in this present world, but it is a hard task to hire skilled people with the right attitude. Cos Attitude can change everything around you.
Rgrds
Jain

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.