No Tags Found!

Tsering
nterview Tips

Interviews makes you to show your talent and ability whether you can fit for that particular job or not. So make use of the following tips to improve your knowledge in attending the interview.

1.Practice makes the man perfect. So practice in front of the mirror or with your friends/colleagues.

2.Dress professionally for the job and do not wear jeans,T-shirts etc

3.Proper preparation will help to reduce the tension, nervousness in the interview.

4.Being on time to the interview is very essential. Make sure of interview time and be before fifteen minutes for the interview.

5.During the interview answer clearly and confidently.

6.Make eye contact to other interviewer while answering.

7.Turn off your cellphone,i-pod,pager etc.,

8.Do not smoke while waiting for an interview.9.Do not answer 'yes' or 'no' type manner.

10.Listen carefully and answer the questions. If you are not clear with their questions ask another time and clarify it.

11.You prove your interest in work and talent while interviewing.

12.Do not forget to take copies of resumes, pen and writing pad.

13.Think positive and answer in best way.

14.Interviews are conducted on the basis of the information provided in their resumes, cover letters, and/or applications.

15.You can ask relevant questions about your job nature.

16.Close each interview by summarizing your strongest qualifications and continuing interest in the position.

17.Make sure to wish all the panels while you enter or leave the interview.

18.Send a thank-you letter to everyone you interviewed with.19.Use examples to explain your skills and experience.

20.Avoid discussing about political, salary, bonuses etc

From India
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Ash
I empathise with your feelings of bitterness. Do realize though, interviewers come in all sort of hues, so do the interviews. There are pressure/shock interviews too. And I have also heard of interviewers making those rare indecent proposals (in small, family-owned companies).
But a strong candidate can always give a befitting reply and turn the table on such interviewers.
(Of course, it comes with experience).
Regards

From India, Delhi
Ash Mathew

Sure. I completely agree with you.

At that point - it was my first experience. But I was also arrogant - when the person finally told me"I dont see you having HR skills,,.. can you join my marketing team?" All I had to say was "Thanks for your time for interviewing me, this will not work out.

Of course - experience has helped me understand a lot abt interviewing and being interviewed

I have not completely explained what happened during the interview. But thought you should know it.

I had mentioned about my part time course on "Pyschotherapy and Counseling" on my resume. The interviewer asked me - why did you opt for that course. I mentioned it was out of pure passion towards psychology and also - this should help me in the long run as far as HR is concerned. He was "shocked" and asked me "how on earth you can tell HR is related to Psychology? HR means calculating wages and taking care of absenteeism. you dont know to calculate and fix wages, you dont know how to open a PF account - and you say that you want a HR job? Which person told you HR was related to psychology? Have you ever read your books on HR?"

Tell me pls - was this man worth interviewing a HR grad?

I seriously thought this was stress interview and kept my cool thru out the interview (except when he offered a role in marketing). But I later learnt that he went and complanied to my lecturer - "That girl Asha - thinks that psychology and HR are inter related... how did you screen her for a seat with your prestigious college?"

She only smiled - and later came back and shared the joke with the entire bunch of students.

From India, Madras
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Well.. well.. highly informative and enlightening... (need i say more ?)
Despite my years of HR experience, I am shocked !
(I would like to make this a part of my upcoming book, with your permission).
Regards.

From India, Delhi
Ash Mathew

Great. Do you want the name of the company who interviewed me? You could even mention that, if you prefer
Our college infact later banned this particular company from visiting us.
Pls do let me know.

From India, Madras
Balaji Kuppuswamy

I really wonder how a person could be with combined quality viz.,

(1) Psychotherapist
(2) HR Expert
(3) Student
(4) Mentor

I am shocked to see the multi-faceted capabilities in a single person that too interviewing the interviewer! astonishing!

The person in my feeling should not have attended the interview, else could have sat in the CEO's cabin directly!

(may look a high profile)

I never heard or even witnessed of such a quality anywhere even as i m with IIM team and work groups.!

congrats!

kb

[QUOTE=Ash Mathew;745061]Dear Raj,
The interviewer was obviously aware of my experience.
And pls note - that this was a few yrs back and not recent.
The interviewer was well aware that I have nil experience.
I would definitely say it is alien to a fresher. Today I can show my smartness in asking questions that a fresher may not be able to even answer at all and make them look miserable. But that shows my inability in interviewing.
Obviously the position is for a fresher - so its pointless for the person to ask such question.
Its not abt me feeling embarassed - I would have appreciated if he had asked whether I have any hands on experience - but teh immediate statement showed his inability in interviewing "Then what did your HR faculty teach you? Were you sleeping when she taught how to fix the wages and work on PF?"
Infact - my professor was stunned when I mentioned what happened.
I was a fresher - so I was thinking the mistake was on my side - today If I get to see that guy - I would ask him to take courses on "The art of interviewing"

From India, Madras
Ash Mathew

Dear Balaji,
At that point of being interviewed, I was only a student.
all teh other came thru experience. A mere course on Psychotherapy will not help in gaining the professional expertise. Till now - I only know the theoretical part of Psychotherapy - never implemented it on anyone (Rather no good soul approached me for that!)
And abt mentoring - anyone can be that only when they grow professionaly with thoughts. I was justa simple student looking for a HR job...
Today - I am a simple ordinary Junior HR looking for higher responsibilities.
[QUOTE=Balaji Kuppuswamy;748450]I really wonder how a person could be with combined quality viz.,
(1) Psychotherapist
(2) HR Expert
(3) Student
(4) Mentor
I am shocked to see the multi-faceted capabilities in a single person that too interviewing the interviewer! astonishing!
The person in my feeling should not have attended the interview, else could have sat in the CEO's cabin directly!
(may look a high profile)
I never heard or even witnessed of such a quality anywhere even as i m with IIM team and work groups.!
congrats!
kb

From India, Madras
Balaji Kuppuswamy

Dear Ash

I endorse your views.

This clearly shows the maturity you have and the balance given BY YOU towards attaining the expertise.

Sure Ash, you would reach better heights in future. Best wishes,

Its just a view given in my previous post and good to hear the suggestions you give to all the posts.

Really praiseworthy. I do not want to over-burden this post with A CAN FULL OF SUGAR.

with best wishes,

K. B
[QUOTE=Ash Mathew;748464]Dear Balaji,
At that point of being interviewed, I was only a student.
all teh other came thru experience. A mere course on Psychotherapy will not help in gaining the professional expertise. Till now - I only know the theoretical part of Psychotherapy - never implemented it on anyone (Rather no good soul approached me for that!)
And abt mentoring - anyone can be that only when they grow professionaly with thoughts. I was justa simple student looking for a HR job...
Today - I am a simple ordinary Junior HR looking for higher responsibilities.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.