No Tags Found!

rajesh-koul
After continuously following up with the candidates they are not coming up for the interview. On the other hand Automation is on the peak, If the candidates will continue such kind of a attitude than, that day is not far when companies will be more reliable on machine rather than a human resource. What do you think on this?
From India, Gurgaon
nathrao

Machines can replace man in many jobs.
But every job cannot be done by machines.
Man behind the machine is more important.
Make jobs attractive enough that people will come.
Presently jobs are scarce and still if no one applies or comes,something must be wrong from organisation.
Review the possible reasons and take action.

From India, Pune
rajesh-koul
Respected sir,
"Man behind the machine is more important" i totally agree. But there will be only one man behind the multiple machines. We will lose the employment opportunities...
How can i make a job attractive? It is not about job posting sir. It is about the seriousness among the candidates. People are not taking the job opportunities seriously. There is nothing wrong from organization's end, it is contributing to the society by creating job opportunities.
The problem is people are applying but not turning up for the interview.
Regards
Rajesh

From India, Gurgaon
nathrao

"The problem is people are applying but not turning up for the interview."
Examine the position-pay scale-related aspects of working conditions and compare with similar posts and organisations.
Is there any discernible difference?
Presently jobs are tight and there should be no real reason for vacancy to remain unfilled.
Examine all aspects and see whether changes are to be made.

From India, Pune
saiconsult

You need to think coolly about the problem. Problems will not be solved by getting annoyed with candidates.Automation is not going to happen tomorrow in every industry as every industry is not in a position to bear the cost of it. You cannot assume reasons for these no shows either.You need to find out why the candidates are turning up for interviews. Try to get in touch with the candidates who didn't attend the interview and ask them the reason for no appearance. is it the salary? or is it the job profile? or is it they got a better offer? or is it apprehension of lack of career prospects?or lack of work life balance? or any other reason.Unless you know the reason, you cannot take remedial steps.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Relations Adviser

From India, Mumbai
rkn61

I fully endorse the view made by 'Anonymous' on the subject.
I am also meeting such incidents for many vacancies in our
Organization. Now a Recruiter has to run behind the prospective
candidates. Earlier days, a Candidates come to Recruiter for a job.
Access data bases of various job portals like Naukri.com and
e-mail to candidates directing them to appear for interview.
But still I feel that we should not continuously follow up with
candidates. Mail communication must be sent and measures
also to be taken to confirm receipt of communication by them.

From India, Aizawl
Suhas Shisode
Hello,
I feel, candidates are not to be blamed for this scenario. They also know that machines are taking away their jobs, and that if the company is moving ahead technologically, even if he joins, that his job will be at stake.
So, he applies, if he gets shortlisted for the interview, he thinks whether it is worthwhile to have a sword hanging over his head or to invest some money in a business and be an entrepreneur instead and offer employment to the needy people.
The candidates are smart now-a-days. They must be doing a tit-for-tat for his past experiences and giving a stern reply to the recruiters for their responses like 'we will get back to you' and never get back.
No offences to any one...

From United States, Buffalo Grove
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

There may be various reasons for which candidates are not turning-up i.e. (organisation, Company goodwill,pay structure, location and not done the right selection of candiadate etc), you need to check at your end what could be the possible reasons.
Your view is not acceptable when unemployment in our country is in highest, how people would discard a call for employment.

From India, Mumbai
pvenu1953@gmail.com

In my understanding, the real problem is that the HR personnel in many organisations are less than professional that employees are rendered to be machines, a mere cog in the wheel, than the organic part of the organisations. Many a posting in this Forum reveals that HR personnel are devising means to deprive the prospective employees the protection which law allows. Take the cases of coercive employment bonds, demand for blank, undated but signed cheques, retaining of original certificates and, to add to the list, reluctance to grant maternity benefits to women employees.
From India, Kochi
rajesh-koul
Thanks! everyone for your valuable suggestions.
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.