sushmita_khushi
Dear Seema,
I think the idea given by Arti is really a gud one and feasible too or else u can put in a camera and can dispaly the filthy activity of the person to every1 in the organisation so that humiliation can check them 4m repeating this again.
Regards
Sushmita:icon1:

From India, Gurgaon
PrettyRich
I guess the best thing to do is to assign someone who will monitor their locker room. And whoever is caught violating the rules you imposed about cleanliness should be penalized. Let them clean the locker rooms and removed all the stains. That will definitely teach them some lesson and maybe let them value your work as housekeeper. tc
From Philippines, Manila
Rusty
you should make them all informed that there would be addition of rs 1000 in salary of the person one who will tell me the responsible person's name. In this way just try to create Conflict and observe the results.
I hope I might help you upto:icon1: some extent.

From India, Bhopal
chakravarty.sanjay@gmail.
hi my name is capt.chakravarty.s i am a new member curently i am into training fr fresh mba student as well as Be. tech iwant to conduct training releated confidence building comunication ledership wining attitude.goal setining.
i shall be thankfull if any can help to start up.

From India, Mumbai
Lav Nigam
Hi,
My advice is to put a closed circuit camera in the toilet. The monitor should be with a female employee of the admin / facility sitting in a secluded area. The coverage of the camera should be the area that is being spoilt by the employees, so that the individual privacy is maintained. I am sure that this will resolve the issue.
Thanks,
--Lav Nigam--

From India, Hyderabad
signal-networks

Dear Seema,
First of all, I really appreciate that you have replied for almost all the responses / suggestions.
Secondly, you send out a circular to the female employees (who uses the wash room / locker room), that if you find any dirty / filthy in that place, some amount (you decide on that after talking to the concerned person) will be deducted from the salary, irrespective of who ever has done that.
Chitra

From India
aparna1174
We find the same thing in our institutions also.
Though there are enough staff appointed to see that the place remains clean, we find not only the things mentioned by u but also other things like choclate wrappers, hair fallen down, and so on.
It is really difficult to educate such people. It's a shame that a mother who teaches to keep the house clean and shouts and slaps her child or quarrels with the family members to keep the house clean is sooooo dirty and unwilling to change at the workplace.
But to stop the practice, the best thing that works is to lock the washrooms and to ask them to collect the keys from one appointed person, who keeps a list of all using the washrooms. And if in case any undiness is found all those whose names are entered by that appointed person be charged a fine. This really works if followed for a month or fortnight.

From India, Pune
seema_cc

Dear Lav Nigam
I like the idea, but the majority in the industry are men and its very dangerous to put cams, there are lot of chances that people will misuse it.... Instead like some one said dummy cams can be fit in!!

From India, Bangalore
rozalina
Hi Namrata,
not sure if $$ will solve it in a long run, but yes, u can use it as temporary-measure. but not until they make some petition to stop you from collecting money. the real countermeasure will have to come with proper study. have you run a random interview session with them to find the rootcause? it may take you time, but maybe you can develop a better solution.
just for sharing, during my schooldays, <in girls school>, we are accountable to keep clean of our 1 unit of own designated toilet. that's one way of educating people to be sensitive to cleanliness..normally, it's the way we've been brought up make we act certain ways.
wish you luck in improving the cleanliness!

From United States, Fremont
kpshabare

Dear Arti,
Really an excellent creative thinking.
But the present problem seems to be slightly different. The solution also needs slight modofication.Like, may be bonus for personnel who catch the miscreants and also strong punishment for the personnel caught.
rgds

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.