jyoti rabari
Hello Avarna,
I am not telling that we should commit mistake! but it is also right that if you have not committed ant mistake it means you have not tried for any innovative or challenging work. thus mistake can be committed while doing or learning any work first time,........but the best point lies in how you reat to those mistake? if you will learn from the mistake then no longer it will remain mistakes........rather it will become very good learning experience..............so never afraid from beginning new work..............

From India, Ahmadabad
navjotgill
It all depends upon how predatory your unit's culture. is. If you believe that there are creatures out there who could be baying for your role, then the best option is to let the auditors discover it (if at all they can)... If you believe that the culture is conducive to take such a risk then of course you can place a bet. But practically speaking, since organizations are nothing but extentions of society, I would suggest you to avoid all such reckless disclosures if you are working in India.

vsrege

Dear Avarna,
Please Learn from this DIVINE experience of ur GM calling 'U' a Genius, in spite of you making a mistake,that too concerning Customer Service.
1.Customer is God ! If s/he would NOT be there your services would NOT be needed.
2.To err is Human, to forgive is divine- u have proved to be Human & ur GM has proved to be Divine.
Now learn from this experience that YOU HAVE TO BE DIVINE ! Treat ur subordinates with compassion.
Learn to develope at least four hands like a God so that you can manage mutiple tasks at one time.Its an Art which u may surely cultivate.And NEVER give excuses even to urself.
regards
DrVSRege
Faculty-Health Care Management( mistakes & errors in Health Care Industrycan prove very costly)

From India, Mumbai
Mr J
i think u have done a mistake but not a blunder, as mistakes collectively makes a blunder. there is no any harm in admitting our mistakes b/c no one is perfect in this world. if somebody comes to know that he has done a mistake then he should ponder for a while to learn a new thing in his r her life.
jarrar from paksitan

From Pakistan, Islamabad
avarna
Thanks again Alwar and vsrege for your such excellent advise..
I'll surely and always respect my GM for saying that i was a genius although i erred and will try my level best to be divine and devoted to my work.
Thanks CiteHr for this excellent forum where we have wonderful advisers like you.
Thanks a million
Avarna.

From Mauritius
John Chiang

Hi, Avarna,
Don't argue for other people's weaknesses. Don't argue for your own. When you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it - immediately.
Mistakes are lessons of Wisdom. When you make a mistake, don’t look back as it for long. Take the lesson and move forward.
Although the past cannot be changed; How to shape the future is still in your hands.
One mistake is a great teacher; two mistakes is one too many. Remember; don't fall down on the same stone twice.
Cheers,
John

From China, Shanghai
prashant_nair

Dear Avarna, From your question, it appears you are unconfortable with your mistake. When it is realized that a mistake has occured, it is better to admit it voluntarily. It increases your personal credibility, testifies your values. Otherwise the prick of conscience will gnaw you continously for some time. the threat of being exposed sooner or later will also add to your tension. It is seen that many a times the mistake admitted voluntarily is readily forgiven and forgotten. For that matter who has not mistaked in his life !!!!!
KK

Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Avarna
In retrospect, after you have recounted the incident, I would like to say that it was a "slip" - which means an 'omission' (one fails to perform something); and not a "mistake" - which is generally a 'commission' (one commits an act which is either wrong or should not be committed).
Hope you will find these fine distinction useful.
In general, minor 'omissions' and 'commissions' are excusable. In case of "omissions", if the consequences are of grave nature then it is punishable. For example, doctors are generally penalized for "omissions" as well.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Dr Marc Clark

Avarna, good day. The only person that doesn’t make a mistake is the person who is doing nothing. We all make mistakes. The key is did we learn something from that experience? Dr. Marc PS 63:7
From United States, Calhoun
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.